Monday, June 28, 2010

For your consideration

What you are thunders so that I cannot hear what you say to the contrary.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer and philosopher (1803-1882)
I read this probably about a year ago and it was so profound (to me) that I saved it.
Anything I add to it will not be needed and simply an annoyance as the message stands by itself.
We most of us have, and I will call it this, an every day facade we present to those outside the immediate family. This is our "face" as it were that we assume each day before stepping out the door to go to work, the supermarket, a club meeting, whatever you will.
This face usually is comprised of a pleasant manner, courtesy and kindness I would like to say. We try to be a good neighbor, we try to get along in the workplace.
However, as that quote says, what you are will speak far louder than how you act. One always hopes for the inner person, the one that others will always see ultimately will be the same as the outer facade we present. Good, kind and loving.
Laters

No comments:

Post a Comment