Sunday, June 20, 2010

I can't figure this out!

How in the WORLD can a maximum of 2 oz. of fluid multiply to a quart or a gallon all over your wooden floor, your appliances and you..and the rugs. How does that happen? What law of the universe comes into play?

I had a small glass with no more than 2 oz of cola in it..and I accidentally bumped the laundry basket! There was a huge mess all over everything. The reach of the splashes amazed me as well as the thoroughness with which it covered all surfaces! It's truly amazing how much of a mess it was and always is when you accidentally splash something at home. Ever dropped a whole glass of milk..or as when the kids were small, a sippy cup of milk!? HOW does it get on the ceiling! How can it make a gallon of liquid mess all over the floor for FEET in reach!?

Just thought I would ask..and as you have probably intuited already, I had to mop an hour to get those 2 oz. up. No, of course I didn't but it sure seemed like it.

9 comments:

  1. I love kitty sitting there you can click off the ads easy enough they are a minor thing.
    So hope Ms Catt doesn't freak hearing the cat from the computer. HAH. As for the spill.. I think it is the BOUNCE factor the harder it hits and farther it will be spread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figure that's something to do with Murphy's law more than a law of nature. If you need something to stretch out there it is never enough and if you want to get rid of it there's a limitless mess...don't it figure? More and more I like what you're doing with this space Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you made me smile! You best get yourself a tippy cup...LOL! I like the cat on your blog. I got her to purr! Have ah good day with no more spills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. busted out laughing-
    I hope it was diet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have wondered that same thing myself at times. LOL Any tiny spill seems to expand beyond belief. Maukie is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can imagine your face :-)We all do sometime aren't we? So you better have the Cherry tea?
    xoxoxSis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Looks like I am following the crowd over. Things still aren't working at my place. I can't even link this site to there. For 2 months I tried to get flickr linked and would take. So something has been wrong with it of some time. Anyway I soo love your header hear. I will be feeling my way around for awhile. Hugs Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least if it was diet then it wouldn't be as sticky. Who hasn't done the very same thing. Worst thing I have dropped was an egg. What a mess.

    ReplyDelete