Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Kitty Kisses

While it is largely true that you cannot easily train a cat, it is also largely true that they can and do train YOU. You will find yourself deferring to them more than you do not. The choicest place to sit....who reads the paper first, you or them...who gets the cereal...you or them...want to go to the bathroom while one is on your lap? You got to be kidding. You learn to hold it. While holding the cat who is, of course, asleep..if something needs doing you get out of doing it by stating " Can't. The cat." If this doesn't bring on a memory from my youngest who also has a blog, I guess I will be surprised.
Don't ever let it be said, I might add, that cats are dumb. Oh no, they are not. That old saw that cats don't have owners; they have "staff" is right on the money.
I was taking a nap...a 20 minuter when the cat came in and kissed me on the lips. ( cold) and brought her cloth square shaped toy to me. Not an example of intellect. That was sheer chance.
However, those who say you can't get them to respond must never pay attention.
I can ask her if she wants milk and she runs to the fridge to wait. If I say " do you want a treat?" she goes right to the treat cabinet and waits. If I ask if she wants to be brushed...she runs to her place where she gets brushed. If I ask does she want to go to bed ( with me for the day or night depending on my shift) she hops up on the bed. IF she wants to that is. If I ask if she's hungry, she goes to her dry food bowl. If I say " Do you want Fanci Feest?" she'll stand there where they are and wait. Don't tell ME they don't respond or understand. Now, I will grant you that if they don't feel like whatever it is you want..then they aren't going to do it.
But, when I have to spell certain words instead of say them, that tells me she knows what I am saying.
Those kitty kisses are so sweet. When I get one, I always say " I love you too, Girl." Sometimes when I am almost asleep and she's slidden off my chest where she does her Sphinx imitation, to curl into my neck and shoulder ( always on the left side) she'll reach up a paw and pat my lips while she has her eyes half closed and purring. I believe me and the girl have a mutual admiration society going on.
I leave the TV on for her most times as I have noticed she is more calm when I come home after work than if I do not. She watches the shopping channels by and large or CNN.
Just a few words about kitties. Iffin you don't have one, get one.
See ya, dudes

No comments:

Post a Comment