Sunday, July 25, 2010

I have Learned..important to me 9/06

I put that little thing in yesterday that someone had sent me about what can be learned as we go through our lives.
 
I was thinking this morning about those things. And I realized that I too have learned some things.  Not as much as I should perhaps but a few are noteable to me.
 
I have learned first and foremost that *I* am not always right.  No matter how passionately I may believe in an issue, perhaps a social one for example, that does not make me always right. 
 
I have learned that there really ARE two sides to every story or situation and that I would be well served to listen/read what the other side is.  For one thing, I am not always right! 
 
I have learned that sometimes, if you can bite your tongue sufficiently, silence is the best response.
 
I have learned to watch and listen and consider and THEN make a decision or form an opinoin.  Keeping in mind that regardless, mine is not necessarily the only way to think.
 
I have learned that no matter how much you think you know about a topic, there is always that which you don't know.  That was hard won, believe me.
 
I have learned to love people.  To do that, you have to know who they are and where they come from.  That information can be found in the Bible.  When I have difficulty doing that 'loving thing', and we all of us can have that difficulty sometimes, the answer to THAT also is in the Bible.
 
I am continuing to learn the value of self control.  "Just because" isn't always a good reason. 
 
I have learned to let go.  That too is hard won.  Letting go entails many things to different people.
 
I have learned that being generous with your time, your effort, and your money can be one of the most uplifting experiences to have.
 
I have learned that I don't have to fill every silence with talk or noise.
 
And finally, I have learned the inexpressable value of friendship.  Something not to be taken for granted and something that should be nourished.
 
That is my revealing thought for the day! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment