Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What a nice thing July 27, 2010

was featured (one of MANY!) on Flickr's Explore.  That was a huge shock as the photo they chose to feature isn't my favorite.  But nonetheless, they did and I am truly honored to have one of mine make it along with those fabulous others.

We had a thunderstorm to beat all thunderstorms yesterday afternoon.  There was a lightening strike across the street.  Lights went out but came back up.,  But I unplugged what I could against a brown out.  Years ago, a brownout cooked my computer. 

I finished that big waisted tomato and working on two more of a lesser size. I will have red tinged skin if this keeps up.

I'll let you know when and why in a day or so but I will be gone for a short time away from the house.  Maybe in 2 days.  I'll say later.  I don't want you to wonder if I just suddenly decided I wasn't going to comment..it'll be because I can't.Red heart


9 comments:

  1. Eatin maters in ah brown out and your turning red. Be safe my friend, maybe join Miss Catt under the bed. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo is a lovely choice!
    My prayers are with you while you are away.
    Love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I said on WLS...it's worthy of mention! Praying for you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Beth and Joe and Toodie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photo is fabulous and I can see why it was chosen. WTG, Carole! Well deserved.

    I have to say, I took a little nap, just woke up and this is the first thing I've read. I'm sort of shakin' my head in confusion. Maybe I'm not really awake yet. Why is Admiral Hestorb thanking Beth, Joe, and Toodie? Did I miss something? Am I way behind on news? I know I'm starting to get the idea that something is possibly wrong, but still, I'm shakin' my head. I'll come back and reread the whole thing later and maybe I'll be cognitive by then. Gosh.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I see now, well partly anyhow. I went to the Admiral's site and lo and behold I saw the best lookin' fur ball in town :D
    I also saw a note concerning maybe a family member. I'm still not up to date, but Carole, sweetie, if something is amiss, you have my prayers, too. Everything will be alright. Just hold on, ok?
    XOXOXO for you and a big nose nuzzle and stroke for the Admiral.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carole, I just this moment got your message. I am crying. So, so, SO sorry. It hasn't been long since I was in that position (that's why the paperwork for taxes), so I know. My heart goes out to you, your other brother, and your brother's sons. No one can "know" til they've been there. I will hold you close to my heart and vocally in my prayers tonight. Know that you are not alone. We all dearly love you, my friend.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on having one of your photos chosen on flickr! I do like the one they chose actually.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how you feel Carole . Congratulations. Its not easy to Explore and when you do and you will again and again its really an inside feeling of how hard you have worked and how far you have come. WOW. Way to go Sister.
    Many Many more will come to you.
    Love you
    Hugs.
    and Im home just last night late.

    ReplyDelete