Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Will you guess what!!!?? July 20th

Remember day before yesterday when I moaned (rightfully so) about the dryer having been touched and so it was exhausting into the kitchen? I was going to have to call someone to fix it since the whole setup was so complicated?

I called this fella..he volunteered he is 73 years old so I figured he had a lot of good experience. Well turns out within 6 minutes!!! he had it fixed. It's exhausting like a jet engine's exhaust straight out into the yard. The Air Force could harness that energy. Now if it holds up..I have it made. It cost me $54.00 but I am grateful that it was fixed. As I said the other day I can't really be torqued at the handyman..no way he knew what a perilous path he was about to put us on. I have to be the only person in the United States with such a weird set-up.

He's never met me but on his way out he said he'd forgotten to put two BIG 'maters in his truck that he was going to give to me. That was nice!!! Yes, he forgot but that was super nice!

OH yes..meant to tell you. The hummingbirds are finally scoping out the tomatoes on the plant. A good friend of mine has her tomatoes drilled by hummingbirds all the time! I was congratulating MYself on not. Well, not any more. Sigh. Drilled tomatoes. By long little beaks.

10 comments:

  1. Im starting to ahve alot litte tiny tims . Some are red. Lots of blooms and some green litle guys . I have seen any hummers here for awhile and mind you it would help if I fed them.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, it is so nice to drop by the neighborhood to see old friends! good reading, I just enjoy other peoples lives =]!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you got the dryer vent fixed!! Did the hummingbirds eat the tomato you were saving for me? ;-)
    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few years back we had to have our whole dryer duct (which runs through the attic) cleaned out' because some birds had filled up part of it with sticks and dirt and stuff. Glad we didn't find any birds in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you have to pay the guy who volunteered $54 dollars? btw, 73 is young, Bruce is almost 75.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell ya what..older more experienced technicians are always best..no matter what their job..electric,plumbing,heating etc. :D
    Wonder if the tomatoes were YELLOW they would be even interested in them? LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Age and experience do have their advantages and it sure paid off for you. The man is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree. the older plumbing guys are the best! They were taught the correct way to do a job and usually take pride in their workmanship. The one's trained today don't have the same enthusiasm, seems to be 'get the job done as quickly as possible' in my opinion. Glad you got it fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darned little hummers. Guess it proves they really are attracted to the color red. Glad everything is back in working order.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heyyyy, Carole :D I am here after the resounding rave you got from Beth's post today and she was right on the money! It's funny, I've seen you on posts of my buddies, too, and had never dropped in here before. Lucky me! I did it today! Just so happens I have 2 cats that sound exactly like your one and I happen to be a major animal lover...hmmm, is that 4 footed? Well, sure it is, what kind of other is there? shhhhh, I won't tell if you won't. Well, I see I'm starting to ramble (pun there?)as usual on a comment, so I'll sign out for now, but bet your bottom dollar I'll be back! :D

    ReplyDelete