Friday, August 20, 2010

Good Grief again.

Well, I was talking to Beth Marie on the phone last night and it occurred to me I could at least call the pharmacy and see if they would go around in the store and save me trying to limp around in there..and allow me to come to the drive up window to purchase:  ACE bandages and cold packs.   They said I could and they would, so at least I finally had some ice for my ankle.  It made me realize that I need a first aid kit.  Just because usually nothing happens to me does NOT mean nothing ever will as I found out yesterday slipping on that tiny mud patch.  Two first aid kits are on my list soon as I can walk in the store.

Going to have the oldest here this late afternoon for supper and breakfast.  I won't pamper the way I usually do cause it's hard to get around. 

My nurse has been keeping a good eye on me.  As it's such a beautiful emerald eye, I don;t mind her scrutiny.  Thery really do know when all is not well and she has spent more time with me than normal for her.

See you in a while.  The house washer ought to be here soon. Oh, and I got a heart stopping premium notice from S**** F*** yesterday.  The taxes went way up on the house plus the appraisal from the assessor..and I am paying more thru the nose now for insurance. :-(

Bye

7 comments:

  1. Oh take good care of yourself. Glad your son will be there to brighten your day. I'm sure your nurse is taking good care of you. Oh no taxes went up. Insurance too? Everybody wants money it seems. I'm so sorry that happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your ankle, remembering so well how that feels. Increased insurance, sorry about that too. We're glad you have a sweet nurse watching over you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're doing better. We use those ice packs on us and on Molly. YOu're right, you never know when you're going to need the stuff and you always find that out, when you don't have it around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are doing lots better by now. Your oldest will do fine in helping Miss Catt take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really am sad that happened to you Carole. You're right it doesn't hurt to be prepared. We are packing and getting things ready for our trip...oh I hate the packing stage. I guess I'll talk to you in five days or so my friend...hold down the fort huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be careful with your ankle, they are notorious for not healing right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feel some better today. I know having someone else there will help some. Be careful not to tweak it again.. Laoch is right ankles are strange things and sometimes do what we least expect. Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete