Thursday, August 26, 2010

I can feel it coming in the air tonight...♫

I can see Fall coming..not too far off into the distance. I can feel it. But I certainly can see it.

I was looking out of the big living room window yesterday afternoon and the sun..just the light in general is coming from a different angle. I finally noticed that. The slant of the beams on the ground and through the trees are all about the coming Fall and the changes of September that will come despite the continuing heat of the day. Leaves are getting ready to change in color and rethink their hold on life.

There will be some fabulous morning fogs and have been some glorious fogs already that herald the end of Summer. Following that there will be frosts that will rim the fallen leaves and decorate the glass exposed to their tendrils. A nice little ripple of a chill on your arms and back and legs when you are stepping out of the shower during that transition time between air conditioning and heat. I'm looking forward to it. Pulling the sheet up to my chin..and the first dressing of the bed with the heavy fleece blanket. The middle of the night when I reach with my eyes still closed to pull that blanket up to my arms as well...that will make me smile though I will be mostly asleep. I love Fall and the crisper days and nights before it all goes to sleep for the Winter, only to wake again in Spring.

What a full banquet table the Lord gives us..groaning with beauty and abundance.

I took this picture last Fall for your enjoyment.

10 comments:

  1. I hope the Fall lasts ah long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Toodie, not in any hurry for the ice and snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After the miserable hot summer we have had I am more than ready for fall. Bring it on. Then I make a motion to skip winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said! I'm a fall person too---it's my birthday time in October. I love the smell of burning leaves and the nip in the air in the mornings that warm into afternoon. Ah, the scent of pumpkin pie or bread filling the house; the intense colors of the leaves as they let loose and fall to the ground; I love it all! It's always too short a season for me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The problem with fall this year for us is that some of it will be spent in the tropics then we often have notorious short falls and nasty winters...I guess that's how it is...I have to admit I hope I finally adjust to it some day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your photo Caorle. Geese are heading south. I did see some yesterday. I love fall and the change in Seasons at most times. This year I think I will just take it day by day as I have so much to deal with .
    Hugs and Hugs to LB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carole! How intense the color of the flower! Now thats a picture I would love to wake too! Still hot here in the desert 104...cooler days won't be untill October! Time passes so fast when looking thru a window, I had the windows rolled down in the car coming home from Bible study...what a joy to smell food and orange blossoms and even smoke and exhaust! I have stopped driving too so outings are few... God is good ********Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me.

    ~ Psalm 103:2, NLT

    ReplyDelete
  8. After all the horrible heat and humidity you've had this summer, you so deserve a gorgeous fall. Up here, it's coming early this year. Lots of maples and ash already showing their fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, it got a little cool up here Friday night. I was down at the cabin, and had to make a choice of either putting on my shoes, or breaking out my little heater to keep my feet warm. Of course, i got the heater out!

    ReplyDelete