Sunday, August 22, 2010

If it's Morning... 12/06

If it's morning..after 9am and I am in here in front of the computer, it only means one thing. That I am avoiding the treadmill again. I am dressed for it..hair is back in an elastic, all I need to do is get on. I know. I'm waiting for my breakfast to digest, that's it!

I followed Patty's advice and started out the night sitting up somewhat in bed. Propped by pillows of course. Somewhere in the night I sank to the mattress as that's where I was when Her Majesty woke me up. I slept hard enough at one point to wake with what I am pleased to call, a sleep headache. Trying to get rid of that before I get on the treadmill too, as well as give my breakfast a little time to settle.

Talk about great luck! 3rd son had to go to his Company party last night. He was loath to go but he went. To make a long story short (I seldom do THAT!!) he won a drawing for a $2500.00 trip to anywhere he wanted to go! Now that is super!!

We went out to eat last night, a friend and me, and I have seldom enjoyed a steak more. I like how they make them at that restaurant. Had that and the requisite baked potato. My friend wound up leaving the credit card that had been used, there. Actually the server had never brought it back as it turns out. That was noticed later as we were in Wally World for some car mats, clear plastic, to go over my pretty ones in my new car. At reckoning time at the register..I paid cash for my stuff..and then I heard this flurry from my friend who discovered that the credit card used for dinner was not in the wallet any more. That has to be a horribly scary moment. Went back to the restaurant and the card was in the office waiting for it's owner.

I had written a blog not a month ago I think, entitled 'I am not a curmudgeon'. I talked about servers. This was an example of a very bad server. No silverware. It was brought to her attention and she made a crack which was funny then, that 'you can't get good help any more'. However, the silverware never appeared. I had to get the person who brought the steak to give me some silverware to eat it with. No drink refill till I tripped her (kidding) in the aisle. Then she brought a sugary one, not a diet one. Took a long time to even give us a bill..no, it wasn't THAT busy. Just turns out she was right, you can't get good help these days. In that other blog I talked about tipping. I was not led to leave a big tip, you may be sure. Then to find she never brought back my friends credit card..though the friend had the responsibility to know that..still...you can't get good help these days.

I have to get on the treadmill..do my weights, get dressed, and enjoy the day!!!

You all do the same. Come see me, ya hear?



1 comment:

  1. Nowadays, credit cards are widely used by a large number of people across the globe. Dubai is a country which is considered as one of the richest countries in the world. According to a study, the per capita income in Dubai is very high as compared to various other countries. Because of the number of rich people there, the credit card holders are also in high numbers.

    The major advantage with credit cards in dubai is the convenience as they can be used anywhere including pubs, restaurants, hotels, and retail shops etc. You don’t need to carry cash with you every time. This is a kind of plastic money.

    There are numerous banks in Dubai that offer different types of credit cards. Diners credit card is one of the most popular financial instruments that are used in Dubai. It holds a special place for a number of credit card users in Dubai. One major feature associated with is that it is approved by ATO. Therefore, you can also use your account statement of this card as tax invoice.

    There is no pre-specified limit attached to this credit card. Moreover, it is pretty much easy to apply for a diners credit card in Dubai. Even you can apply it online. You can also renew your card through Internet.

    ReplyDelete