Monday, August 30, 2010

Let me tell ya!

Let me tell you! I was disappointed that one of my favorite eating out places, Ruby Tuesday had revamped their menu to a more "up scale" thing. Well, we rowdy ones who meet so often and tear up the joint we go to were disappointed on accounta we like plain ol' food. I love chicken fangers for example and when I git a hankerin' for 'em..that's what I want or we'll know the reason why not! So..I finished up my agenda this morning..it was 1230 and I had this inexplicable craving for chicken fingers..I mean fangers. So I headed on over to Ruby's, bellied up to a booth and couldn't find them on the menu. I dimpled and asked my server..cute young man, if I could have chicken fingers anyway. He assured me I could and what were the sides I wanted? I looked at the choices and have mercy! Grilled green beans? What??? But--time doesn't stand still for any redneck, so I said grilled green beans, and I had cheddar mashed potatoes too.

When the order came, I hesitantly tried the grilled LONNNNG ol' skinny green beans first. MY WORD! They were past delicious..they were fantastic. The cheddar potatoes certainly were great and the tenders were..tender and delicious. But guy, ladies and kitties..those cheddar garlic biscuits that were served too? Hold me BACK! I didn't know something could taste so good. Now I'm glad they changed their menu! I ate and ate and as always, I'm fuller than a tick about to fall off the dog. You have to try those grilled green beans and cheese garlic biscuits. OH my! That is if there's a Ruby's near you.

My eyes are still rolled back in my head. Miss Catt's doing my blog as well as hers.

9 comments:

  1. Your really making me hungry . You sound so very happy Carole.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot dang! You found yerself a mighty fine place tah put the feedbag on! YaHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really sounds delish. Glad you were able to get those fingers...but I thought chickens had toes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh excellent... I'm eating there this Thursday... was before this article, but now I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. man... readin this.... I didn't put on ounces... I can feel the pull of gravity on the mid life dun lap

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kind of wished that I hadn't read this post at 12:25 A.M.! Now I'm starving and nearest Ruby Tues is in Lexington 25 miles away....and closed at this time of morning! Guess I'll just have to hit my stash of Bourbon balls in the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. See, change isn't always bad in fact your little change got my mouth to watering in a big way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shh, don't tell Mr. Bruce, he loves Ruby Tuesday, especially the crab cakes. I get a bit tired of it. He gets tired of Cracker Barrel, so we are even.

    ReplyDelete