Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lavender Blue 8/22/10

My foot is a soft shade of lavender blue with a streak of dark blue near the sole. It could have gotten to look a lt worse so I'm grateful for a not-too-scary coloration. People won't flee from me maybe that is until they see the puffiness of my entire foot. Then they'll go "ewwwww".

I have to change the dressing 2X a day on my knee. That ought to be going down to once after tonight's shower.

Miss Catt aka the Admiral did her blog and has been keeping up with it..well..admirably. Me, not so much. Maybe 2 or 3 folks at Blogspot. The same at Spaces. So I decided to port over some more from my archives on Spaces. It won't matter, and I am, after all, trying to get them all over onto the other place. Looking at some of the old blogs from '05 thru most of '07, I am saddened to see so many folks who used to be a part of our family, gone. Some have passed away, others lost interest rather quickly and quit..some..they just forgot I think that they have a blog and some disagree with this or that and leave a certain gathering of folks for another. I miss them but they are gone, and there is scarcely anyone left here so I cherish the ones who are.

Spaces has changed dramatically with no rhyme or discernible reason that any of us can tell. They, "The Team" @ Spaces took away stats for no reason so we can't see who comes to see us when they don't comment..they took away the ability to comment unless you confine yourself to 3 lines or so. No reason. I know you know all this..I am just reiterating. Again. It's sad around here pretty much. Face Book just doesn't much get it for me as I don't play games at all, but I am grateful to see the friends I am used to here. Just they all play games, so our exchanges are a thing of the past.

Oh well..gotta roll with it I guess. Let me strap on my wheels.Red lips

Happy Birthday third son. You and your brothers are the light of my life..the best part is, you all know that. MUAH!





11 comments:

  1. Carole , I have to agree with all you say about spaces and it is sad. Many are in fact gone , some moved on and like you said the team well..Where are You is my question. Its change and we all have to face it no matter how hard it is. Glad your moving your online archives.
    Keep the foot up and I hope your knee continues to heal. My leg is black and blue but can still walk , jump ect. Take it easy.
    Hugs
    and Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Spaces had a nice community in the beginning but bad infrastructure an trolling took its toll sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of you today with your injuries. Getting the 'bark' knocked off is so painful! It was really nice once upon ah time at spaces till they tried to 'improve' it. I hope folks will start blogging again but you never know. Take care and happy birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. what have you and Lisa both been doing I wonder? Looks like your both legless! ;) Give it time all of you to establish your blogs on here. Unlike how we used to be able to search for other like minded bloggers on Spaces (well before Wave 3 that is) you can't easily find others on here. All I can say is keep blogging, use twitter or any other means to broadcast your blog so that others can read it.
    Go and comment on other Blogger users blogs. Use the 'next blog' up there if need be. You can make new blogging friends on here but it does take time.
    Let all those old Spaces friends know you have moved over here by leaving a note so they can find you, you never know, they might go back to read your blog but yes, loads left after Wave 3.
    Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carole, I hope your foot gets better soon.
    And as far as Spaces goes, I think it is only getting worse. I have looked at the Spaces Help page recently and see that you now have to have a cell phone with texting to sign up for a new Space. My question would be, why bother? With the mess that it is now, and without a very badly needed update, I don't see any reason to. It's very sad because Microsoft could have made it an up to date Blogging platform like Blogger, but I don't think they could figure out how to make any money off it so they just gave up. Oh well.
    I hope you have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear you're on the mend...thanks to your in-house nurse.

    As for Spaces...seems like everyone has an opinion on that mess. With the stats, they never helped me at all. I knew my brother visited all the time, but could never actually tell by the stats. And there was the other guy that followed me forever and when I briefly amde my space private, he finally contacted me. He wouldn't sign up or comment or anything. That creeped me out! Also blogging and commenting takes lots of time and some people just don't have that much extra time. Some people like to write, some like to read and some like to play games. As the saying goes, different strokes for different folks. Things change all the time and this is proof.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, sorry to hear about your foot and knee, hope it isn't too serious, and you are up and about clicking away with that camera of yours.
    I have been so busy working, spending time with family and trying to get outdoors as much as possible when not indoors working away. I love blogging and visiting when I can. I think alot of folks are out and about more this time of year, and I am sure folks will blog more when they are shut in's from the cold winter months that lay ahead.
    You take care Carole and get better.
    Thinking of you! Hugs.... Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your son had a wonderful birthday. He is very lucky indeed in his choice of a mom.
    I hope you are feeling lots better today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carole, The reason Spaces is doing the cell phone text thing is to try and stop people from setting up spam Spaces. I guess that's a good thing but it seems like too little too late. Why try to protect a service that they have now made almost unusable? If they are going to do that they should update it and separate it from their facebook clone mess. But I'll be surprised if we ever see that happen at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carole,
    It was nice of you visit me on blogger and flickr. Is the rose on here the same as the rose you posted to flickr with a beautiful poem? The colour is so vibrant, really brightens the day. I've been reading about your foot and knee - I hope they're much better today. On Spaces, there a fewer sites where I can comment, it's such hard work to see anything, as for using a mobile phone, is that really possible?

    ReplyDelete