Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Stash! August 24th

Well, today a friend and I headed to the big city but we didn't get too many miles outta town and we stopped at Grannie's Attic. Good grief. There was also a place called the Picket Fence. We were done for. I got a quilt the size of a throw..a present for the middle son, (you can ask me in email) a bracelet real small for a real small wrist like mine with hearts made from blue stones which is like my birthstone, sapphires, and I got a crocheted 18X18 in. or so table doily-like thing. What I'll do is put the pictures of the haul into Face Book. It's easier. I also got 10 chocolate covered potato chips for 4 dollars. OH MY WORD! They didn't make it home. Gosh, can't take a chance on them melting!!! Had to eat them. I did give one to my friend who then opened hers and ate a third of them.

I have 5 (I think I am right) pictures in Flickr now that were chosen and honored for Explore. Oh, I am thrilled. I never see it..others point it put. Considering 5 or 6 thousand a minute are uploaded to Flickr a minute..it's hard to tell unless someone knows. Sometimes they will tell you. That picture of Miss Catt's paw made it to Explore. I would never have thought so.

Anyhoo, I just said it to reinforce my desire to do better and better. I owe any and all improvements to my son, Neil. Without him and his gift of the close-up lens..I would never have had the courage to go manual mostly and branch out some.

See you in a few minutes. Have to get the pictures off the memory card.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! These are well deserved awards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures they are so clear and close like I could reach out and touch them.
    (guess that's what the lens is for though huh!)
    Sounds like you made quite a haul.. I love seeing pics of people's treasures. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a good day. Those chocolate covered potatoe chip sound real good.
    Carole I haven't been over at flickr for awhile. I will have to check out your picks. I am glad you are having so much fun with your close up lens and your photography. Congrats on your rewards.
    Take care and have a great rest of the week.
    xx's Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all those awards. You do have talent.
    Curtis told me about those chocolate tader chips and said they were good. I'm not on FB but hope to see them here.

    ReplyDelete