Thursday, August 19, 2010

Oooh ooooh OWW OW! DANG!

I knocked the bark clean off of my left knee. ALL of the bark too! While I was at it, I twisted my right ankle. I didn't do my right hand a lot of good as some of the bark is off that as well.

I went outside with a bag of recyclable things to go into that bin before the recycle pick up occurred this morning. As I walked along my side walk, I never knew that there was a small patch of slippery mud that had accumulated there because of the rains last night and this morning. My shoes abandoned me and I slipped and fell right into the mud and onto my left knee. My right hand tried to catch me but it only got its back knocked off too. But my left knee is amazingly painful. I came back into the house, washed it in the tub while I dangled my left over the side of the tub, gasped at the water hitting it..dried it with many paper towels as it was bleeding a lot. Applied some squirts of Neosporin and luckily had some wide bandages left over from when I had that knot cut out of my calf 2 summers ago. I bled through that one BUT I limped on into the drug store and got so
me more and a spray-on pain reliever/antiseptic. I took off the yucky bandage,. sprayed OW OW OW OW OW OW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad smile but then, after maybe 2 minutes it was better. My ankle is another story but it will get better.

Good thing I am made of very sturdy material. I always have been, I always will be. None of that middle aged stuff for me, thankyouverymuch. ( what I'm saying is, my always exercise and weight program pays off sometimes) (besides being able to deck that person in front of me in a store with their little change purse digging for change.)

I called on my Libra Twin Beth Marie for solace and suggestions and she had some for me soon as I got back home after limping to the store.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh when you fall you really fall! I'm sure Beth gave you excellent care via phone. Baby yourself today and take care. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carole. So sorry you hurt yourself. Darn it.
    Rest up .Soak you knee and body in a hot bath, have some tea and cry if you have too. I would.

    Thanks for seeing my newest babies. Paris has not seen them yet. When AJ comes over I will get her come with me and her and will let you know who gets beat up first.

    Take care of you today.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure nothing is broken? Baby yourself for a few days, or better yet have Miss Catt baby you.

    I always look around to see who might be looking when I take a tumble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is your twin checking in and ordering you to take it easy for a few days. Relax and enjoy your family.
    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so very glad nothing was broken or more seriously more hurt then it was. Sorry to hear about that Carole. God knows since my mom had her spill that resulted in a broken and dislocated ankle I have a whole new respect of how a little slippery spot can change your whole world. Hope you recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds painful, sending you good healing wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were lucky to not seriously hurt Sis,
    I still remember in the last time you were hurt
    your arms...Do you know so many people hurt in their garden or on their drive way...
    These things sometime start pain in couple days later.. Be careful,
    xoxoxo
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete