Sunday, August 22, 2010

Thanksgiving 11/06

I know I am not the only one who has been busy today.  Man alive.  I hipped and hopped.  I ran, I swabbed, I cooked, I served, I cleaned, blah blah blah same as everyone else.  One thing I won't do again is scalloped potatoes. The smoked ham was good and I sent a large portion of leftovers home with the oldest...the youngest did not want any.  The middle ate 'em while they were hot.  The pecan pie is gone as is the pumpkin.  I got none of any of it as I re-started the Atkins diet again. I didn't want the ham even though that is acceptable.  It is the only diet that I have been successful with.  I will only stay on it for awhile.  That is, as I have already blogged about, because I gained some weight after I quit smoking last Spring.  Hardly fair for a consequence but I am not the only one, that is for sure, to gain after smoke cessation. I can't seem to get (the weight I gained) off and it IS affecting my feeling of well being somewhat.  So, it's not vanity.  No one knows I have gained really.  (Call me Master of Disguise)!  I just want to feel better and stop feeling so over stuffed.
 
Other than that, an absolutely beautiful day full of family.  I love it.  We all went to the Marina afterward and youngest took lots of pictures out of which maybe  5 will survive.  First time I have been with him when a fellow Nikon photographer approached and said he had to ask what the youngest son's equipment was as there was so much of it.  Heck.  Looks like 18 inches of lenses/hood protruding off the front of the camera.
 
Tomorrow is Black Friday/  You all going out to get stuff for Christmas?  I have completely finished.  Wrapped and put away.  But they are getting up early i do believe and going out.  Tell you what, I got a winner of a TV a few years ago...my middle got a great leather jacket for what?  $39.00 I think?  His dad bought him a beauty of one last Christmas.  I have a black suede one with the orange T for UT on it that he is salivating over.  It too is on sale...of course after I bought it a few weeks ago!
 
Grandson is asleep...two sons are gone..one wants some company in the living room and those of you in the blogging family...I am very grateful for you all.  And I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday full of friends and family.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment