Thursday, September 23, 2010

OH no. Blogger changed something. Not good,

I saw that when the cat did her blog earlier there was a chance presented by Google..right there on the start of a new blog to try something new they, Google are offering for Blogspot.  I did..and after writing the blog I could no longer find a way to post a photo,.  That's scary.  Why in the world did they take THAT away?  the cat was going to put in a picture of herself as a kitten and she couldn't. After the word "link" in the bar above the blog you are writing, there was nothing else.  Only 6 functions.  I can't get out of it..it's still there. :-(  There go pictures in her blog and when they make it mandatory, there go pictures here too.

Today on my way home I saw a little box turtle making his way across a busy street.  I stopped because I didn't want to chance him getting killed by the next person over the slight rise in the road.  I can see, but he couldn't and so I stopped, put on my flashers and walked to where he was in the middle of the lanes.  My shadow covered the sun and the little guy stopped and went into his shell.  I moved and when the sun struck again, he started on his way.  I followed him, listening to the tiny "bonk" of his shell as it bounced along the pavement.  When he got to the curb he couldn't get up it, so I picked him up and got him onto grass. 

Just in time as when I got back to my car and started in someone was waiting.  All's well.  Love turtles. ♥

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for saving the little turtle!
    Can you post your blog from live writer and still include a picture. I sure hope so!'
    Saturday is drawing ever closer and I am feeling ever older.
    HUG!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to settings and went to "OLD EDITOR" which will enable me to post pictures again but they said it's going away soon. Thing is..there was NO place to click on to add a picture. Almost no tools at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not being able to post pictures doesn't sound good. Surely they won't take that away, at least we can hope. Danny, who lives close to us, always stops and helps turtles across the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That happened to me once and I was in the html mode but clicked compose and all the features came back. Thanks for helping the turtle. I love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still use LiveWriter to post so I can put pictures and video in easily...it worked like a charm for me as usual today...hope they don't make a mess over here...can't imagine them removing picture posting...that would be even crazier than the nonsense at WLS...well not quite but almost!

    ReplyDelete
  6. People have been reporting problems about posting pictures lately, over on the Blogger Help Forumn. But like Toodie said, make sure you click on the "Compose" tab in the post editor, because sometimes it opens up in the "Edit HTML" mode, which has few features on the toolbar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just LOVE turtles! I am known for yelling out "TURTLES!" if I see them off in a pond=almost causing an accident from scaring the driver :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're a good Mommy to all animals.

    I thought it was just me not being able to post photos. There goes the pictorial blog of our trip to Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use Live Writer too and no problem with pictures. I went to Blogger and I still have the icon to add pictures. Wonder what's up?

    If I don't get online tomorrow, I want to wish you a very happy birthday today. So.....

    ♫Happy Birthday to You,
    ♫Happy Birthday to You,
    ♫Happy Birthday to Carole,
    ♫Happy Birthday to You! ♫

    ReplyDelete
  10. I finally got a image posted by using the Chrome browser, that's the Google one I think. I personally think it the Microsoft vs Google thing.

    Happy Birthday, again

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Carole. Hope you have a wonderful day, and it is Special in every way.
    Love and Hugs
    Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated Birthday. I was just at the Admirals I saw your son had given you new lens for you BD. I thought Oh I missed it. Anyway Hope you had a good one. As for the photo problems I am using windows live writer but it wouldn't except my settings for my new blog I started here on the ranch. So I have been take them from spaces into live writer making a few changes then uploading to the new editor and making sure everything fits then posting. Had a couple cliches the 1st time with photos. So deleted the whole blog and photos. But don't repost the blog again before 24 hours as thats when the photos get deleted so if you post before those same photos will be deleted latter and you blog will be without photos. When I deleted the blog the 1st time I should have left the photo and not deleted them then reposted and it would have used those photos again. Anyway I am rambling and you probably don't even know what I am talking about. Its all a learning curve that will keep our minds sharp...LOL

    ReplyDelete