Sunday, October 3, 2010

Back From the Trenches 2/07

That title only means that I am back from groaning sweating and so on, and I have my day's fitness activity done.  Likely I will do more on the treadmill this afternoon but if I don't, I don't have to. Ahh.  Whatta woman.  I have only missed five days total since 10/1 last year and those five days  loss were due to that virus I had.  I am so glad I was given an iPod for Christmas.  What a difference it makes!  It keeps me going when I may have wanted to quit.  I have some of my favorite music on there and I have limited myself from using the iPod except when I am active like that.  Gives me something to look forward to and makes getting out there easier. 

By the way, thank you all for your input via comments regarding the smoking issue.  Obviously I get passionate about it.  There are other times that I feel there is interference with our personal lives and liberty to choose (within reason of course!) Someone had mentioned the seatbelt edict in their comment.  I certainly agree with that, and had almost thrown that in when I was writing about smokers.  I remember well when that, wearing a seatbelt, became a law.  The " Click it or Ticket" got my goat.  I already did use seatbelts as does my family but don't make it a law telling me to do it.  The lawmakers don't care about whether it saves my life or not.  They care about the revenue the city or State gets if they catch me without one.  As in smoking, I thought it was my right to take a chance like that if that is what I wanted to do.  Not "their" right to choose for me.  I don't smoke, as I said.  I DID smoke but haven't for going on a year here soon.  I always use a seatbelt.  (Just wanted to reiterate).  But don't legislate that!!! I wonder what's next?  Mandating which way the toilet paper will unroll?  Over or under?  The burning question!  With surprise random inspections to see that you have it unroll the way the law says.  They'll probably bring back the Stocks next and put us in them when we err.

I have been around to see everyone early this morning.  Hope it is a good day for all of you.  And tomorrow, Happy Valentine's day.  Have fun, enjoy the day and evening and make it special.


No comments:

Post a Comment