Monday, October 4, 2010

Big Time in the Town Today October 4th, 2010

Me and the oldest (he was off work today) went to the Big City, where he lives and parked the car and took some buses and trolleys around town.  What fun.  I can also see I need to learn how to ride the bus.  NO clue even how to pay.  But I got trained some today.

Next time I do that, I am taking the camera because I saw some good photo ops.  Krutch Park had a weird sculpture or two and downtown has some tall glass buildings.  (better not to throw stones I guess).

We had lunch downtown as well..just a fun 4 and some odd minutes visit with my oldest.  I don't get that too often where we are just going around town.

Tomorrow, the painting of the living room and entry way starts.  I hate it  and all the hullabaloo but it has to be done.

I did bring home a new house for Miss Catt aka the Admiral.  Man, she loves it!!  It even has a window.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect way to spend the day to me. I love those kind of days. I guess it's a lesson that we should ALWAYS take our camera's with us as we never know what we might see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That picture is by far the cutest one yet!!!
    comforting to know there is someone else that hasn't ridden a bus by ones self.
    Good luck with the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Catt...you look like you're in the Kissing Booth! Lovely day by the sounds of it. And yes, the Metro and busses intimidate me, too...Mike was always the take charge kinda guy in those situations, like the Tube in London...Good for you learning something new today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like you had a grand day. Big city and did you shop? Ms Catt looks so cute in her new house. Painting is fun and oh how fresh it will look when done. Great weather to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good use of a marlboro box

    genuine trolley?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going into town is a good idea. It's been a while since I ventured into Boston. There's always something to see and do when you go into the big city.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you have had a wonderful day and just look at her. She is so beautiful..
    Paris is guarding her... her back door so the kids dont come in. Its so funny . They like her. Sadie she does not like .Female thing I guess.
    Too funny how nature is.
    Have a great week ahead. I enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Love this photo of her . LB is Purrrrfect

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that picture! Cat's are my all time favourite animal by far. She looks as if she has really settled in. Our cat (sadly now no longer with us) never liked being in boxes, cat igloos or anything else, think it used to remind him of going to the vets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice way to spend the day. Fun with one or all of your kids is my favorite way to spend time. Everything here needs painting. Now to just get off our tushes and get it done, lol. Miss Catt, what a lovely home you have. How nice of Mom to get it for you and I can see you really like it.

    ReplyDelete