Friday, October 15, 2010

Bits and Pieces June 2007

I have to go to work today. Tomorrow however and Saturday he knows I will not be there as I am headed over the Mountains to Charlotte. Friday is my grandson's birthday. I'm going to be there. I only work 3 days a week but those particular three days are the worst of the week. Thursday Friday and Saturday. That keeps me, as I blogged about a few days ago, from just picking up and leaving for N.C. when I want to. I have to say " May I?"

Have to admit, none of this came to mind when I accepted the job offer. I wasn't looking for a job. I had come in to pick up my repair. I even went home and tried to think about it for 24 hrs. but I did not do a good job thinking it through. I didn't do ANY kind of job thinking it through, with all the ramifications personally. One problem really. The inability to go for the weekend without causing problems for others.

As I mentioned yesterday, Beth of Lizzie's Lounge (in my links) solved my mystery about the cell phones. We needn't worry much at all right now. But as always, I feel anyway, when the media publicizes these things those criminal minds who had not thought of a particular issue then have their attention directed right to it! So, I would say vulnerabilities will now be even more or faster explored than that might have been. I will always choose the least high technology product I can get by with. Not out of ignorance on my part but because I am vainly trying to make myself less vulnerable to cyber attack and now, cell phone attack. Sigh.

A friend of mine is fond of saying "Is it going to snow this weekend, then?" when I head out over the Mountains as so many times it HAS snowed and I have had to cancel my trip or hurry back right after I got there. So, my friend, if you are reading this..it is about to snow!!! I will be on my way tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment