Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Chill and then Serve 4/07

It was 35 degrees outside when I woke this morning with no help from my usual helpful 4 footed friend. Why did I wake without the usual help from my 4 footed friend? Because it was 53 degrees in the house. The heat failed to come on last night before bed and I resolved to call the heat and air people right away this morning. I checked everything last night. Was it on? Check. Was it set on "heat"? Check. Was it cool enough to even come on? Check. What happened when I heard the sound of action out there? Cold air. OK. Off to bed. This morning I gave it one last try and go figure..the heat came on. And on and on and on. I hate when that happens as the cost of natural gas is high in this area and I sure used a lot trying to heat my home. I blogged of that cost of natural gas a few weeks ago.

I am warm now as I did my treadmill duty and tossed around the weights. By the way, I guess this is a pitiful admission but I love to feel the stretch of the triceps area when I do the triceps exercise behind my head. I actually look forward to it! That, my triceps, was something else I showed off to the doctor the other day when I went and told him I thought I could take him! At least, he laughed. (bet I could!! [not!]) I finally noticed, due to a more fitted tee shirt this morning (no tank top thanks) that there is definite definition in my shoulder area now. I just had not paid attention till the tee shirt drew more attention to it. Of course it is natural that there is definition there. Heaven knows after 6 and a half months steady, 7 days a week lifting weights albeit light weights, something has to happen! I also noticed that the lower belly lost fat first (and that's about it!!!) where usually that's the last place a woman loses. It's all that treadmilling. I finally noticed that yesterday when I wore a short top that showed my jean's zipper. Flatter tummy. At the bottom. Seriously though, there had to be some improvements after all this time and there are. Not a lot more boring than nattering on about exercise. Sorry. I'll quit.

Today is the day of the tortilla thingy. I will be headed out to The Big City here shortly and me and the oldest son will be headed back home here for a couple days. If he's here long enough, it'll be the chicken do-hickey's tomorrow.

OK. Off to do the face and hair thing. Get out of my shorts and into something warm and then..I get to see my oldest!!! Can't get any better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment