Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ernest Tubb Said it..I'm Moving On 3/07

No, not movin' on away from the blog, but moving on in time. I was revisiting the 70's and 80's via some CD's.I am like totally amazed at Eric Clapton and his guys. They are on my local PBS station...their group a long time ago was called "Cream". Man, I mean AMAZING in talent. Looking older right now for sure as the drummer is 66 years old and I don't know any 30 year olds with more stamina than he exhibited in that hours long concert. That was total aerobics all the time without cease. And sounding great. Just as they always have. I sat there in front of the television captivated. I couldn't take eyes off the drummer mostly because of the physical expenditure I was seeing.He was in constant motion. If the camera had not been on him so much I would never have been able to appreciate just how much the drummer really does in these groups! He never gets a break! This guy...very thinning hair what he had left..sweating like any one would be with such an energy expense, craggy face and completely sexy anyway! And utter perfection on those drums! They were all excellent of course. I am focusing on him because the cameraman did to some extent and because finally my attention was called to how much work it really is to be in a rock band. Not just by the drummer but by all of them. At the end of the concert...when they took a bow, they were exhausted and could not nor did they try to, hide it. Like the rest of us, time moved on, and if we are lucky, we get older. Those guys are more vigorous than many 30 years younger.
As with the Stones..here they are in their late 50's and mid 60's and they sound just like always. The way Mick moves..just to over- use the word..amazing. He said it takes 5 some months to get ready for a concert..working out every day. Still sexy after all of these years. The Stones I mean.
I am and always will be a rock and roll girl..er..woman. The louder the better and only the good stuff will do. I drop years of age when I hear anything good like that. I have (can't get away from that) my chronological age but my internal barometer really is forever young.
That reminds me. I have always said that each time I look in the mirror I feel betrayed. Who is that middle aged woman in there? That CAN'T be ME! I feel 17 and I always will. ( Thank goodness I don't dress like it though..well, maybe in the jeans I may. (But I do try to stay away from ripped, torn and otherwise decorated jeans. I'll give me that)!
Hey, play it louder!

No comments:

Post a Comment