Saturday, October 30, 2010

Like...Grrrr. Oct 30, 2010


Gee whiz. I got up..saw a lot of fog out there so I hurried up to get my little first thing duties done and over with and then,. I threw on a heavy weight shirt to keep warm (36 out there right now) and headed to the Clinch River here in town. The best laid plans! The rowers were there again with their zillions of buses and cars and they took up every available parking place all along any parking place in the area so I couldn't find one to sit and wait a bit for the fog to rise from the river. GRRrrrrrrrr! I hate it when they roll in- and that is all of the time. This area, my town is an extreme favorite for rowing competitions because of the rivers width (wide!) and course. So they're always here and we always have to detour 4, 5 miles out of our way when they are. We get to use our own park and areas and marina the majority of time yes, but it's annoying when you have a plan and too bad. So, I'm back venting. I did take this photo about a mile away when I returned later. There was still some fog but not white as when I left the first time. You might biggafy.

Someone said something about my posting my best pics here on the blog. I don't. I reserve those for Flickr as I want to save them for there. Sometimes I may, but only after I posted them to Flickr. :-)

Anyhoo..I already ran out of topic matter or I wouldn't have answered that one question. :-) Still being trounced in Scrabble BUT I am successfully using the words you all gave me. I am not losing by as much.

xox

9 comments:

  1. Seems that's a pretty big event there. Not being able to find a park space is very frustrating indeed. I must find your flicker place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure sounds fun if you're warm. It was 33 this Am when boss and I got up at her insistence.
    Yesterday up town square was blocked off, don't know what the occasion is as I don't keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome photo, magnificent when biggified. I am fascinated with bridges after having followed the Big Dig Bridge in Boston from my early computer days till its completion in I think it was 2007. Now I am off to see if you posted this on Flickr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. darn fog... was not thick enough to swamp the rowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the photos Sis! my G-son's starting a practicing his rowing boat at Yarra river from his school.
    xoxox
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sis! Iam not happy about our weather's the last weekend 135mm rains and someplace were floods again as you can see I stayed home because for that reason. We lost our deposit money that instead of going at the seaside.
    My elder's son's rang me to said where they on holiday place are just half sunny day.
    Hope you have a sunny day at your home?
    xoxox Sis.
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picture Carole. I have seen rowing events on the Charles river near my place of employment but have only a handful of pictures.
    It's getting cold here after a week in the 70's. Off to work shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, how do we find you on Flickr if we don't have an account there?

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I said over on flickr Carole this is a beauty. Things we will all do for photos . Even dance.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete