Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mish Mash 3/07

1st son is here as I mentioned a couple days ago. He had, as a friend of mine called it yesterday, haute cuisine this morning. What was that, you may well ask? It was, in the past tense as it's down the hatch now, sausage, sausage gravy with sausage in it..and big ol' fluffy biscuits! And a dab of cinnamon applesauce on the side. What's better'n that? Tonight he gets a NY strip steak, garlic with Parmesan cheese french fries, gravy and green peas with butter and a dab of sugar in them. Look at it this way, he hardly ever eats that way. Once in a while isn't going to kill him. In the morning it's blueberry pancakes and more sausage!! Oh come on...Southern people do this.

Today is a luncheon I'm looking forward to. A bunch of former co-workers. And in our job, it's always a pleasure to see one another still working at that particular career or not as we've been through a lot together.

Hobbyist photog 3rd son just got some pictures he took professionally printed this time as some folks want to buy certain ones. He said they look great after coming back from the professional printing. I bought some too. He has one I love a lot. A trumpet flower with a bee deep inside it..you can see his shadow from the outside of the blossom...and just about to arrive at the trumpet flowers mouth is another bee. He calls this one " On Approach". I love that thing. All his photographs are from Nature..no persons as it were. He has another that enchants me as well. Heck, all his pictures do! But this one is of an American Coot (I think) who is literally skipping across the surface of the Lake with some food in his mouth, and a contingent of Gulls right behind him, but they are flying! And chasing the Coot. The Gulls have their beaks wide open, fussing and scolding and the expressions on their faces are comical. Third son shared some of the professionals and other's comments that were made regarding that particular picture he had posted (entitled ("Getaway" I might add, and everyone loved the comedy of it. That one lends itself to captions, believe me.

It is another beautiful day. I am so grateful. I think the weekend will be raining straight through. And with the silly time change..yuk. Up too early AND rain. (worse could happen, believe me, I know that!)

No treadmilling this morning and maybe not even today. I hurt my widdle leggie. So I am giving it a rest.

Go forth and have an awesome day. Everyday is my own personal appreciate your family and friends day. Try it. Your family and friends will be glad!
This is no joke. The Hillbilly's Ten Commandments (below) are posted on the wall at Cross Trails Church in Gainesboro, Tennessee.


 Some folks have trouble understandin' in Tennessean 'lingo,' so they got together and translated the 10 Commandments into 'Jackson County lingo.
 
(1) Just one God.
(2) Honor yer Ma &Pa.
(3) No tellin' tales or gossipin'.
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meetin'
(5) Put nothin' before God.
(6) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal.
(7) No killin.'
(8) Watch yer mouth.
(9) Don't take what ain't yers.
(10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff.

Now that's kinda plain an' simple, don't you think?  Y'all have a nice day now.  Hea?
       
 






No comments:

Post a Comment