Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Oh For Cryin' Out Loud! 4/07

You'll see what I mean in a minute by that title.

Meanwhile I am home from seeing my son and grandson. Took a while longer than usual getting from there to here. I had a fantastic time by the way, but then I always do. Had my new digital camera and broke it in some more taking pictures at his Saturday morning soccer game. After the game we had lunch out (always a treat for my grandson) and then..off to my favorite shopping places. And I came home with a full trunk again!. We even went to one of those warehouse like "Clubs". That son is a member. I got my usual 2 giant bottles of their brand acetaminophen,and some pale yellow paper plates with purple violets on them! Gee..I HAD to have THOSE! Violets. Anyone who has read the blog in the past few weeks knows I love those sweet blooms. I also bought a thick pack of pale yellow napkins that matched, complete with violets. I knew I would regret not getting them, though certainly I have no pressing need for them. But I'll never see them again so I snapped them up. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Enjoyed the other places we went to..just didn't buy as much. I DID get a hand truck at another store though. I couldn't find the size I wanted at a reasonable price in my own area. My son looked and found a distributor in Charlotte... so while I was there, I took advantage of the ability to get one. I have it now. I brought it back and THAT is what will transport all my books from place to place, room to room till I get the bookcases organized.

I attended church with them before I left this morning. Usually I am on the road by 0900. Today not till after noontime of course. My grandson was an Acolyte for the service today, and wanted me to see him. Only the second time so far. He had been a Bible carrier. He's older now and "graduated". It was a beautiful service in a very beautiful church. I might also add the sermon contained a great message. (They are Methodists, by the way).

The title, however. I was fanning myself some as were others at the service as it was a warm humid day. When I left the City, it was 76 degrees. As I got to the mountains to make my way over to my home...man alive...SNOW! In the mountains!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gimme a BREAK! It's mid April, mountains! Check your calenders will you???!!! There I, & we all of us were... hurtling up the Interstate and in doing so, I watched the temps drop by the 10's of degrees. There was white ahead. I hoped it was fog but I knew it wasn't. I called a friend and she said there indeed was a snow and wind advisory for the mountains. Good grief! When I left 0915 Friday, nary a mention. 0915 another woman friend tried to warn me..but I thought there was a mistake as she heard about it 15 minutes after I left and there sure was no snow forecast. Well, there was after all!!! We all crept up and up and up about 35, 40 mph. Blowing snow...really alarming wind gusts..but steady as she goes and here I am. The entire Country is getting some unpleasant weather surprises.

My diva-like hair for church this morning now looks like a large frizzy mass. I left my jacket with a hood that I took for just in case, resting comfortably at my son's home. Made me mad to have been so careless. So, any time spent out of doors on the way home in the cold and wind was done without the benefit of said jacket...contributed to my untidy appearance. (not to mention being cold!!) Oh well. There is always tomorrow to get duded up again.

Thank you sincerely for the well wishes for the trip..looks like they helped today. I got home safely.
Try this...

Take 60 seconds to do this, I guarantee you will show someone else, it's too
funny not to!!!


1. Go to www.google.com
2. Click on "Maps"
3. Click on "Get Directions"
4. Type " New York " in the first box (the "from" box)
5. Type " London " in the second box (the "to" box)
6. Scroll down to Step #23


No comments:

Post a Comment