Monday, October 18, 2010

Shew...I ate too much October 18, 2010

I headed to Kroger this morning and all I wanted was some Soft Scrub.  But, I passed by the fruits..and got one of those horribly expensive already prepared fruit cups.  Pineapple, HUGE grapes, couple of strawberries and some cantaloupe.  I could hardly wait to eat my $4.00 worth of fruit.  I have had zilch luck fining decent fruit in any of the grocery stores.  The grapes, red black or green are always too close to soft.  I hate that.  The cherries were not quite sweet enough..the strawberries were what I call "woody".  The peaches OK..but bullets you had to wait for several; days before you could eat them and meanwhile, despite washing them, fruit flies abounded and drove the household crazy for months!  For me, and where I love this is THE worst fruit year ever.


After I bought that, I headed down and looked at the dried fruits.  I could not help myself and I bought some X-pensive dried dates.  Sunshine brand I think they were.  Oh, YUM!  Seriously.  I came home..fed the birds out there and came in, washed my hands and ate the entire fruit cup and probably 10 dates.

I'm supposed to go to a meeting tonight but I'm not.  DWTS is on.  :-)

Oh well, I went to one last night..that'll do.

14 comments:

  1. The fruit sounds delicious. I love a fruit cup like that. I noticed grapes are on sale at Kroger this week for 97 cents a pound. I thought I would check them out.
    HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What disarppointed with all the fruit in here too
    though maybe they picked too early or kept in cool store for too long?

    The dried dates"watchs out" they make you go to toilet:-)
    enjoy watch DWTS on TV with Miss Catt:-)
    thinking of you Sis & Miyuki & Victoria.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to the fruit you get around the holidays. All that fruit sounds delish though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frankie was in the doctor's office when he told me he wanted me to drop 10 lbs, by my next visit....in January. This set Frankie off on a "starve the old geezer to death" routine, trying to make me lose 10 lbs. on the way home. I got tired of eating tree bark and bird seed and "let" her find dome healthy snacks for me. Now I'm hooked on banana chips! If they weren't do crunchy I'd be stealing her insulin needles to shoot 'em straight into my veins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was down at the cabin this weekend, Andy (the tenant) said that the pear tree was overloaded with the best tasting ones in years. I had intended on stopping by to get some, but, due to my normal "running late" on leaving the farm, I had to skip out. Maybe next weekend! I cure my "fruit cravings" with those little fruit cups.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fruit sounds good. We have some locally grown apples that are yummy. Today the 2 granddaughters were here and the 4 year old requested apple with peanut butter. So, of course, that's what we had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fresh stuff is pricey, but it's so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh dear! I would have been bent over in pain & running for the b-room if I ate that :P
    I cannot eat fruit :O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fresh fruit is so hard to beat! I get pretty darn hungry for it in the long winter months. Here I've been loving the wonderful fresh pineapple...nothing like it when it's never seen a can or any preserving juice...straight from the plant to the plate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's the season. We're down to apples, pears, and that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carole, I get fruit flies every now and then, what I do is get a glass, put 1/4 glass of water, 1/4 class of wine vinigar and 4 drops of dish soap then cover the glass with plastic wrap, then put a hole in the plastic with pencil. Now leave it in the place where the flies are the most problem then in a few days the flies will drown.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm loving that it's apple season. We have the best Jonathon apples that are so juicy and I can't stay away from them. Sometimes you just have to splurge and fruit is a good for you splurge.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete