Thursday, October 14, 2010

Today is the Day May 2007

F I can round her up..today is the day for the cat to go to the Vet. She'll get her ears done, her manicure and...we'll see if she has diabetes. IF I can find her. This is one Vet that requires an appointment. They have a surgery schedule is why, so I was told. In any case, several of the blogging family have asked me the symptoms of diabetes in cats (probably dogs as well). That is a good question and I wish I had thought to include that yesterday. So far all I can sense in my pet is a little lethargy (she isn't pestering me to play right after she eats for 5 days now) and her breath smells a little like acetone. Diabetes can occur at any age in the life of a pet. We think of it as an older animals disease but an example for you is my good friend up the street. her 2 or 3 year old male cat has just been diagnosed with diabetes. Here are the symptoms for those who wanted to know:

  • Excessive thirst
  • Frequent urination
  • Change in appetite
  • Weight loss
  • Lethargy
  • General weakness
  • Recurrent urinary tract infections
  • Cataracts (in dogs)
I thought I had permissions set the correct way and I did not. That is why my avatar never showed up to anyone but me, apparently. But I stumbled on what I was doing wrong yesterday. Several mentioned permissions as likely being the problem, but I didn't know which setting to use. Now I do.

My friend came and broke down the entertainment center and hauled it away. He will try to sell it at a flea market. He also took my television as agreed upon as I have one from him in my bedroom. I can't stay awake long enough to ever watch it, but now I am grateful I have it. I can't imagine sitting in the bedroom watching TV, but that's all I will have till Sunday when one of the boys comes over. I can't move this TV I bought, and even if I could ..I can't hook every thing up. I console myself with remembering I have other talents.

It went from Winter to Summer all at once! Mid 80's yesterday and supposed to be again today. I turned on the air toward late afternoon when it rose to the high 80's. The time is rapidly approaching when the air will be on night and day. This is traditionally an extremely humid area.

You've heard about Cesar Milan, the Dog Whisperer? I wish there was a Cat Whisperer. SIGH!

I have done the exercise thing and I suppose changing and getting ready for the day is the next order. I am headed to a furniture store to make good on a curio cabinet for my youngest. I had given him an 'assembly required' curio for Christmas several years ago and the thing had to be GLUED instead of screwed together. Believe me when I say that did NOT work. So my money was wasted as he chose not to take it back..he wanted to persist in trying. It never worked and oh well. It's gone now. My friend was kind enough to take it away for him.

You all have a happier day than I am going to have what with my little sweetie who turns into a dragon at the sight of a pet carrier.

Love ya Bye.

P.S. her appointment was just rescheduled to tomorrow!  Oh I so don't like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment