Monday, October 25, 2010

Welcome rain October 25, 2010

Some of our blog family are already getting snow..some several inches. This is in Canada that I am speaking of...haven't heard yet about here in the States if anyone within our blog family is having snow.

I am the one being annihilated in these games of Scrabble. I came very close several times but I am still not able to win. I will blame it all on the distribution of letters and really they have been bad all but 2 times. Loads of i's and e's and a's. And there's nothing like the Q when you don't get the needed U till the end, if at all. Oh well, I like being a sore loser in the game. Helps give me a reward for playing it. :-)

I woke to driving rain, thunder and some generous bolts of lightening. Woo Wee. That brought a small purrson to the bed and up by my chest for warmth.


See you on the other side.

11 comments:

  1. too fun! Use the dictionary for two letter hints & hit "teacher" smiley after you play your word to learn new words for future(write them down) Im sure you already do these things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't played scrabble in forever. Always hated it too when I'd get letters like that. I can just picture her snuggling in to hide from all that noise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the thunderstorms are making the rounds in preparation for the cold that is to come.
    I used to love scrabble, been many years now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go crazy with ah Q and ah Z. It's so fun though. We have another gray sky today. Snow? h boy hope this will be a mild winter eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy Scrabble. For the Q...there are some words without the U. Such as QAT, QABALA. QAID. QOMTAR, QOPH, and don't forget QWERTY. That's not all of them. Usually the only ones I remember are QI and QAT. Two letter words are good to know...I don't, my daughter does. She is good at laying her words against mine with a bunch of 2 letter words plus her word for points.
    We're in for more thunderstorms tomorrow. It's wonderful to have rain...much needed rain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My two son's used to played a lots of time with their friends:-)
    I knew we need the rains but not all the times?
    hope not TOO cold winter's time for both of you.
    xoxoxo
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No snow here but they are skiing in Maine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow..... yeppers there be snow.... above 8000 feet, low visibility.

    Here the snow stayed upstairs but going into the 20's tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Qi is a word... triple points really helps... I am the queen of the three and four letter word. I am getting better by playing... Cindy clobbers me... Sandi wins most of the time... Jason wins 3 or 4 to 1.... but I keep plugging away. Love, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mr. Gaelic and I alternate having good games. Although lately he's been getting all the good letters. Clouds here today. Rain later?

    ReplyDelete
  11. SNOW is a dirty word to me.. I hope it holds off until DEC.. That would make me happy! As far as games go.. I don't play any on line at all.. no time..

    ReplyDelete