Friday, November 5, 2010

Ain't THAT a Kick in the Head? Nov. 5th, 2010

Good grief! Here I was, going down the roadway on my way to pick up more bacon and some OJ for the oldest's breakfast in the morning (we're having smoked pork chops and buttered, herbed pasta tonight..and cinnamon fried apples) and I glanced at the trip meter..say that only 22.5 miles had elapsed since the last fill up. Good. Then, I looked at the gas gauge and it said almost half empty. I quickly pushed the button to go to trip meter B and it also started 22.5 miles had elapsed. That can't BE. There is no smell of gas so it's not leaking..I filled up at $24.00 for that trip to gas up, just a few days ago. That leaves me with the unsavory thought that someone has siphoned out gas. So, I have just ordered a locking gas cap. It has to come from another town nearby so I can't pick it up till tomorrow. NO idea how they are installed onto the place where the old one is. OR how to get it off to install a new one. I have to find me a man somewhere with a few minutes of time. But that was such a disappointment. That represented 15 or so dollars theft from me. The trip meter is not malfunctioning, by the way. It registered perfectly for the time I was out driving this morning. :-(

Other than that and the impending visit this evening, all is the same. Cold rain with some snow showers expected. The Smokies are a few miles away and the highest part of the Smokies will get upward to 7 inches.

Miss Catt will be delighted that her favorite human beside myself of course, will be here to give her attention. Thing is, she has made an actual next out of his bed where the new comforter is..a thick one, and soft--so she has formed a deep "hole" there to lay curled in a ball, snoozing. He will be in HER bed and place. Hm.

She has 2 brand new catnip and Valerian root toys. A Plague Ratsie and a Banana. They REEK. But she loves them.

14 comments:

  1. This so distressing to know , but at least the locked gas cap will give you more security. Maybe your son can put it on for you. Maybe Miss Catt will share her other bed. She is so cute licking her banana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning to you Sis! but it is not good morning thats all? what are nuisance things happened in your area that someone has siphoned out gas? you needed Gypsy to keep guard on your home too,I hope you have a security system in your car?
    In other hand Miss Catt has a good moods thats a good seen happy Miss Catt's photo:-)
    xoxox
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The highest mountain in Virginia, Mt. Rogers, is about 10 miles south of us and usually deflects the worst part of approaching storms to either our north or south but we still have snow showers in our forecast. Too early for my liking.

    Sorry to hear that someone has apparently been siphoning your tank. Godzilla has a very touchy alarm system and I always turn it on because I carry a good deal of emergency gear in the cargo compartment but Laura has a locking gas cap on her Jeep after having her tank siphoned several times. I can't stand a thief!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any idea who it might have been? Thankfully, I have to pop the latch from the inside of my car to get to the gas tank.

    Some of Mr. Gaelic's ancestors are buried near Dandridge overlooking the lake with the Smokies in the distance. It might be a nice place to retire, but I'm not sure about the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs Gaelic I also have to pop the latch but if you want to, you can open up those doors..I was looking for pry marks..not sure if that is wear or pry marks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Syphoning gas? Man, that's just too annoying. The only time I would feel that an issue is when I go to our church which is in a very bad neighborhood but two things prevent that: locking cap and car alarm. I guess it's true that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Love the kitty pix, she's looking quite nice might I add? All the best to you today Carole, have a wonderful day! We're hitting the seventies for the next two days...in November? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carole, sniff down on the grass or pavement or driveway and see if there's any scent at all. You say no scent, but I'm reading that as "inside". Might be a tiny leak. On the other hand, I think I'd rather deal with a locking cap than a leak, so forget what I said. I'm too lazy to go back and highlite and delete, lol.
    Look at your baby! Is that contentment of what. She looks so much like my Sam -- they would have had gorgeous kittens together. Darn, had I only known before the "snip". She looks Mah-Vel-Ous, Dahling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that photo! Look at her little nose!
    not sure what you ordered- a locking gas cap is just a regular gas cap with a keyhole on it.

    (Was your car on a flat area? tipped it will show less gas)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel vulnerable to gas theft too. I hope you get the locking gas cap soon.
    Miss Catt looks so content, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Back in the day.. you just replace one cap for another one but nowdays they are attached by a little plastic or some such thing. If the cap is not on completely your check engine light will come on too in some models.My cap had a key and I used it allll the time in Ca. Notorious stealing out there. Saved me a lot. Hope it is no malfunction in the car. Some car parts places will go out and show you how to install it. Pepboys helped me a lot. Have fun with your son.. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dinner sounds fab. I hope nobody stole your gas. But then we never smelled a leak on our pickup. Keep an eye out. Your kitty is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's sad that someone would siphon gas from your car. Have an enjoyable time with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe after breakfast your son can put the new gas cap on. It is scary to think someone where close enough to your house to steal gas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never had gas stolen, at least so far, but I have had my cars stolen 3 times. All in the same city. Pass me a chop please!

    ReplyDelete