Thursday, November 18, 2010

Customer Service Nov. 18th, 2010

Much of our customer service, no matter what product or company has gone to sites away from this Country. I have had some very unpleasant experiences with one such operation. My health insurance has so-called customer service set up in a Country FAR away. I won’t say here which it is, but I can easily tell. The three times I have had to call regarding information I could not otherwise find, the persons without fail were curt, condescending and aside from that under the impression that I lacked any type of intellect. I did get to talk to an American on another matter making that a total of four calls to that organization in a year asking how I could handle (where to go in an emergency) a rather severe eye injury I suffered. I had called their nurse. She was extremely curt and while I got the information I needed (holding my eye at the same time in pain) she chided me on not having this information ahead of time and written down. Yeah, I really needed to be beaten up over such a !!!grave error!!! on my part, while I was standing there in pain. Insurance companies don’t have to be nice to you. They have you by the hair of your head and they know it.
What do you know? It’s a Wednesday Rant day and it isn’t even Wednesday.

PS This happened last April.

9 comments:

  1. I can understand why you would be fit to be tied. It is so aggravating today and there are ties you want to go right through the phone in real battle clothes. I did hear something that I don't know is true or not, but I'll pass it on to you: they say that if you don't like or understand the person you are put in contact with, that you can actually say, "Connect me back to an American in the USA, please", and they have to do that. Someone sent that to me in an email a few yrs ago; let's hope that works.
    I'm more worried about your eye than that stupid insurance company. Are you ok?
    Worried hug sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time we've been mistreated is appropriate on any day to rant and that's what friends are for. It seems that they are mostly there for a pay check. I hope you're not suffering at this moment with an eye injury. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just wondering if the injury is new, otherwise I missed it somewhere in your blogs. I sure hope your eye will be OK soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems that the problems with people being trained to handle customers is a reflection of a larger problem with the human race not standing by the simple biblical principle of loving your neighbor. These days I'd settle with even being considered a human being rather and an inconvenience. I do believe I remember this situation last April Carole...ugh, nothing like insult to go with injury huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today, right now, I am sitting here waiting on the refrigerator repair man. Yet another example of customer service. Because if I'm not here when they arrive, the next time they can be out is after Thanksgiving. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so agree with you on this one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hated it, there manners are just like a robbot?.
    No human can do that they a pack of .... Yes!
    A specially the insurance companies.
    unfortunately it became all over the worlds.
    xoxox
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This rant didn't need Wednesday. It's a widespread problem in this country...customer service that isn't!

    ReplyDelete