Monday, November 29, 2010

Hm...carpenter coming to look at the window sills Nov. 29th

Good gracious. It will be DECEMBER! This year has flown by! Blink twice and New year's Day will be staring us in the face.

A carpenter is coming to give me an estimate for making a couple of roosting places at the window sill for the cat. Also a place for plants when her majesty doesn't wish to go to the sills- as in the Winter. His work is too rough looking for me. He is very plain and simple and elemental. Not going to work I fear but what the heck, he can tell me what he'd charge, anyway.

HA! Speak of him..here he is at the door. See ya soon.

Well, he's come and gone. The window ledges I wanted him to fashion would have to match the ones I already have. Those that I have are oak and recycled church pews. He said he doesn't have the equipment at home to do it..so my hope of additional wider sills is just that..a hope. Not likely to be fulfilled. I did get my security lights changed out though. He did that for me. The ground is too slanted for me to safely do it even if I had a long ladder. I paid the price of a service call. Hope they start working again. We'll see tonight.

14 comments:

  1. Miss Catt will love have a 'window roost' of her very own. Never hurts to hear what they are going to charge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, a window roosting spot sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you have existing window sills. My little townhouse doesn't, so not many places for plants -- or kitties.

    I hope your security lights work tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Catt loves those existing window sills , I bet so she can talk to the birds. I'm glad you got him to fix your security lights and I hope they work again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. uh boy new years...
    It will be bringing the big Five-O for me :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Find a wood shop that has a variety of woods and they can suggest a woodworker that can do the type of work you are looking for.

    To do what you would want would probably involve taking the old sills out and replacing them. This is where the wood shop comes in, they would have similar wood to match the old wood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no window sills here either. I did at home. I am glad that you got the security lights replaced. That is definitely needed.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to say the same thing that john bord said. He's right and it can most certainly be done for you. Only in one home did I have super wide sills and holy cow, all my cats adored them (sitting down? I had 9 at the time). Now I have old fashioned big windows but little sills. I do a lot of holding the furry ones up and pointing outside to all the things they should see, lol. Isn't that just like a good mama ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom put a sturdy half book shelf up to the window for her cat. I remember it was the only piece of furniture she wouldn't move!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have at the kitchen's windows and sometieme i put pretty flower pot there in the summer times.

    Please don't climb up the ledder? you better not do that...
    mine was gave to my son's because make me attempt to used it:-)
    xoxox
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the kitties sure do love the window sills!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whew.. finally got this page to load. Hope this will post..Feeling sad you can't find a person to do the job you want.. same here..seems it is hard to find someone to do the simple jobs here and not charge an arm and a leg. Sheesh..Glad your Thanksgiving was good.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking for todays blog,( Nov. 30) says it's not found.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seems you've been given some good advice to start checking out to see if it's possible. I also think they have window seats for cats that attach to your existing sill. I have nice sized sills that my cats love. I had planned to put plants onto them, didn't take long to realize that wouldn't work...cats trumped plants!
    Glad your security lights are changed out. Just hope they worked.

    ReplyDelete