Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sunny Wednesday Nov. 17th 2010

I got off the treadmill..cleaned up and headed out with the camera but with errands to run.  I had gone onto a specialty shop, the Ferrell Shop to inquire about chimes.  I want the deep sounding ones that sound like Big Ben or like that.  Those are not common but she can order them.  meanwhile I will go to their website so that I can listen to them before I commit.  We're talking some money here too..so I need to be sure.

While there, I came across the many planters of Lavender planted in the Square.  I had forgotten about those and  I was so glad I had brought the camera along..  They, the Lavenders, are my favorite natural fragrance.  I have the essential oil diffusing in my room.  Heavenly.  I had my kneeling pad and spent some time there trying to get a decent close up as the flowers can't even be 1/4 of an inch across. I had moderate success.  :-(

Anyway, it is my turn to play Scrabble, cyber Scrabble that is.  I know he did his word earlier and I need to fire up the iTouch.

SUN out there..cold.  But lovely and I feel energized after the treadmill and weights work  out. ♥

14 comments:

  1. The lavender is beautiful. Great shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think the shot of the lavender turned out beautifully. I wish I could still smell! I used to have lavender growing in my back space, but a cold snap one spring killed it -- a lot of people lost most of their perennials that year. I haven't replanted any, have other things in there now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good shot Sis!I loved that all natural fragrance
    I have one in my garden too.
    xoxox
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT photo of the lavender, Carole! I can almost smell it, and do you know what? That's my favorite natural fragrance, too! Can't be beat, and it's soooo relaxing. I've never planted it but now you've got me thinking and I'm going to do some planning for that in big planters next season. Thanks for the idea! Now, take a deep breath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. windchimes can be pretty obnoxious- I agree about getting the deeper ones to add to the peaceful outdoors :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for dropping by our blog. Meow to you!

    My neighbours have chimes and they drive me nuts. Just as I'm sure that my films drive him nuts when I leave the front door open to get cool air in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lavender photo is beautiful. I have a couple plants...love to brush against them for the fragrance. Or pick off a sprig to carry with me.
    We had sun this afternoon...was very welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moderate success??? That's a lot better shot than anything I've been able to get in Frankie's flowerbeds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you considered carrying different colored pieces of construction paper with you. They make great backdrops and or reflectors.

    Wind blew all night, woke up to snow drifts and frozen things.

    nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep reading your comments about using your treadmill.
    I'm in the mindset of "NO PAIN......GOOD !!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another random thought...... concerning how windchimes affect others.
    It's kind of like when you open a window, what you get coming in is fresh air. However, to some it would just be a damned draft!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I not only love the Lavender scent, I love the purple family. My neighbor a few apartments up has the deep toned windchimes, which I do like. They are quite large too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful photo! I need to fire up my i-touch as well...right now it's playing on my iHome but I need to take it with me for a walk...it's all the way up to 39 right now...a regular banana belt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shot of the Lavender. I to love the smell of Lavender.

    ReplyDelete