Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Time Never Stands Still Dec 07

Time never stands still.  Things and events are constantly happening and just as often they are changing.  Many of us have at least one time in our lives, wished we had the power to make time stand still even if for a little while, to savor an event or something so very precious and special to us.  A small example that some may relate to is this one of many occasions when I wished time would stand still.  I was in the bedroom with my baby feeding him.  It was about 2 in the afternoon and as I gazed down at him (I was singing "If I were a Carpenter") and saw his eyelashes were like gleaming gold.  Beautiful.  They shadowed his sweet baby cheek as he lay there with his eyes closed.  It was a special moment.  Quiet and peaceful while he drew nourishment.  It was a few moments forever carved out in time and stored whole, lovely and unchanging in my memory.
 
Had I the power, I would have stopped time then because I was sure in the knowledge that a beautiful and loving moment such as this exquisite one would not happen again.  Not like this time.  There would be others but none like these special few moments.  I am not even making myself that clear I know.  It likely sounds so mundane. Sitting in a rocker and feeding a precious baby.  But it was not mundane to me... because of the clarion beauty of the baby and the peace and rightness of the moment. 
 
It is written in many differing ways that we do not appreciate what we have while we have it.  That may or may not be true on some occasions perhaps but I will attest that I cherished every second of each child's life that I was priveleged to have.  I still do. Caring for them was never a bothersome chore.  It was the best thing I could be doing in my life.  I would not trade being a Mother for anything else. 
 
You know, I had started this blog with the idea of commenting of today's so-called Political Correctness.  That didn't happen. Smile
 
 
 sunset dec 18, 07 002
This is the sky across the street Tuesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment