Sunday, November 21, 2010

Times past Nov 21, 2010

To those who asked..no, after having had children the decision was made (my decision..husband gladly agreed) that being here for the kids was more important that my flying.  I would have had to rent a craft in any case and that is expensive when you are a struggling young and growing family.  Now I would have to, of course, have a new medical for it, and take a refresher course and show I can still do it.  Too expensive altogether now.  However I do have friends who do so and have invited me to go along.  The invitations have been turned down by and large because I don't want to be hit with the "fever" again.  Ex-pen-sive. 

Thanks for enjoying or at least reading that yesterday :-) with me.  It was a fun for me to recall.  I was and still am full of adventure. I just don't have any money.  :-)

This is not a good picture as his head is in the flowers and the angle is poor BUT here he is..a good reminder of the hot days of summer.

9 comments:

  1. Expense...wouldn't it be wonderful to never worry about such things again? I often wonder if we'd lead a much different life if we were really wealthy...all a dream of course. Our snow storm left me feeling a little under it today for some reason...maybe it's the terrible forecast that stretches on ad nuaseum. I sure love that picture you've got there! Looks like warmer days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good photo and I can see his head and he's enjoying the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the photo, enlarged to see him in full insect glory.

    I read your embarrassing flying moment yesterday, was mostly quickly reading posts and not commenting. I have to give kudos for being able to fly! I don't do well in the air as a passenger, can't imagine as a pilot. Mind you, it's partly the lack of control, I think, when you strap yourself into a huge jet and end up at 30,000+ feet.

    Actually, the last time I flew for any significant distance (Ottawa to Vancouver), in 2004, I was so scared I cried all the way to Calgary (we had to touch down there). If I never had to get another airplane, big or small, that would be fine with me. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This photo is really, really good! Look how transparent his wings are, his great legs, and yes, that face. You can see it and he's concentrating hard. Super good, Carole.
    Yeah, you're right about the expense of flying. I have a friend (well, late-friend) that did that all the time and he said it was a choice for him: place on the river, being a clothes horse, having even a roof over his head, or eating, lol. Damn if he didn't choose the flying and skydiving on top of that. Whew, I'll watch but I won't do it.
    xoxoxo from your resident water wiggler ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo! That old bug looks like he's having a grand time :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's actually a very good photo! As far as angles go sometimes all you can work with is what's presented to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photo is awesome. Makes me long for spring and cherry blossoms and all of that good stuff. It is a long way till spring so I guess I should get those thoughts out of my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that photo...he/she looks like it's really enjoying it's 'meal'!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the photo, he's quite the creature. No, no flying for me if there is any other way to get where I want to go. I did enjoy reading about your adventure though.

    ReplyDelete