Monday, December 20, 2010

The evening

Going out to dinner tonight and wishing I weren't.  I am overcome with sleepiness and for once. it's not her fault.  Matter of face, when I gave up at 0450, she was shocked and asked me what in the world I was doing up!

I had taken a phone call rather late in the evening and should not have as it lasted a bit and it took away the down time I would have had to compose myself for sleep.  So, by the time I got to bed and I was already perishing for sleep..I laid there wide awake with burning eyes (hate it when that happens) for quite some time thinking over the conversation and so on.  I tossed and turned all night and gave up extremely early.  I was tempted to cancel dinner out this evening but I have decided to try anyway.  But the circles under my eyes will be embarrassing.

Meanwhile my honey baked ham should be in tomorrow morning long about 11 or so, and it will be ready for Christmas day.  I think I will bake the orange cake on Christmas Eve.

Just checking in before the day wanes on.  Hope your day was good and that you're looking forward to some good food to come soon.  :-)


One of my favorite streets and intersections in uptown Charlotte.  Everything is so clean and pretty.

5 comments:

  1. I've made plans like that too and regretted it. Actually, I don't like making plans in advance. I just enjoy being home more than anywhere. I hope you get more rest tonight. Enjoy yourself tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is not a good news Sis!as I read your post the last two days..you have problem with your sleep? hope you have a GOOD NIGHT sleep tonight.
    I'd like to seen you bright face on the christmas day.
    xoxox
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the rough night Carole. I hate nights like that too. I hope that you have a great dinner in spite of it all. Sometimes biting the bullet and getting out even when you don't feel like it initially is worth it...may that be the case for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmmmm, honey baked ham! I can sympathize with the lack of sleep. About the worst part of no longer being able to work is not being able to burn off the excess energy I used to use up during a 12 to 16 hour day on the job. At one point I was running on an average 2 hours sleep a night but medical treatment for my insomnia has me averaging about 6 now. I don't like having to take the drugs but it's far better than the alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I didn't see this until today, so now I'm wondering if you fell asleep in the dinner plate. I'll bet you're really knocking off some Z's today.
    I LOVE honey baked ham. Save me some! Heading back to the kitchen now to make dessert for tomorrow's dinner and then hunting through the closet for clothes for tonight's dinner. Oh, and snow chance for Christmas is now up to a whopping 40%! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete