Friday, December 3, 2010

Man, TGIO..Thank Goodness It's Over

Thank goodness it's over.  Got the cat to the Vet and she ought to be feeling a LOT better now.  Her blood levels were good and all of her additional procedures were done so she's in good shape and I'm being made to pay for it as she is hiding now that we are home.

I just made this dish and I am giving you the recipe because it is falling down DELICIOUS!!!  Let me know if you try it.  I have already nipped some potatoes out of it..heaven.  I made it for my boy..and also some brownies.  He'll be here tonight.


Roasted Chicken w/ red Potatoes:

2 teaspoons Paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons crushed rosemary leaves
1 teaspoon minced garlic (dry is fine)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
6 bone in skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, diced into small cubes or chunks.


Throw all the ingredients into a large bowl and using a couple of wooden spoons, coat it all with the spices.  Toss to coat them all well.

Arrange it all in a flat layer in a 15x10x1 pan that you lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.

(the foil..spray the foil) 


Roast in a 425 degree pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is throughly cooked and the potatoes tender.


It took me about 35 minutes..I tried a few potatoes..oh.my.word!  DEElicious.








14 comments:

  1. I can already taste it! I'm a thigh kinda girl so this is PERFECT and you can bet I'll try it over the holiday and report back. When I copied it and put it on a little txt, I even noted, "From Carole (Ramblingon) 12/3/10. See? Credit given :)
    As for the poor,betrayed, hiding Miss Kitt, she beat you to the punch reporting this morning. I knew that right after the last key was pushed by that precious paw, she'd be racing to either under the bed or under the covers. Don't worry; after she gives it a little thought, she'll forgive you. And too, it's sorta like childbirth: owwwwyyyy pain but then forgotten :D
    XOXOXO I'm off to buy a world of batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the Admiral is very glad it's all over too!

    The recipe looks delicious and best of all, easy. I loathe cooking more than I possibly can express, so anything simple and tasty is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray, I am glad you are safely home from the vet with Miss Catt and things will be better for her.
    The dish sounds delicious!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole, I copied your recipe and will give it a try real soon. I have some chicken legs and breasts in the freezer and will pull some out to thaw in a day or 2. I may have to get one or 2 of the spices before I can start useing this recipe, it sounds yummy. I will let you know how I like it. The only thing I won't use is the salt, I need a salt free diet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Miss Catt made it to the vet okay...she won't hide very long, especially as she begins to feel better.
    My, that chicken dish sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good news Sis! that make you much easir for you? Miss Catt might felt sorry for you after you have had a bad time yesterday:-)
    Your recipe it sound good I will try it.
    I like sweet potetos it should be alright isn't it?
    Enjoy your day,
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the easy one dish kind of meal and this fills the bill. Gonna copy it. Miss Catt will come out to sleep with you tonight, I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually I make something very similar too that. I got it from my mom. It is tasty and easy to make. It would have to be easy if I can make it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found you, been having a lot of trouble accessing Blog, or else they keep disappearing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Καλησπεραααα....Helloooo from Greece and ΣτάΛες στο ΓαΛάΖιο blog team...Very nice post...come with me in ΣτάΛες στο ΓαΛάΖιο
    LoVe and LiGhT with you....

    ReplyDelete
  11. That does sound delish. Thanks for sharing gf.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey I found it. I guess I am working my way backward here,Ha! Sounds delicious. I will have to try it when I can. Chicken is one of my favorite foods.
    Thanks for the recipe.
    xx's Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to try this one too. We eat so much chicken in my house. We love it.
    Hope all is well Carole. Thanks again for you kind words.
    Hope all is well with Her Majesty too. I know she has her days and hope the good out number the bad. Orangie and Sadie have been out hunting in this cold we have. They do have a heated bed , and water dish and get kitten milk at night or formula and both are doing so well.
    Have a great Wednesday Carole.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete