Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday!!

Man, did you know that a chicken fingers platter with french fries and coleslaw is 1770 calories?  This is at a restaurant whose name starts with A.  I had the chicken and the coleslaw but I asked them to leave off the fries as I never eat them anyway.  So, my lunch was about a thousand calories.  I will definitely think that over next time.  They changed their menu choices again.  You never know what they'll have.  And I didn't want a giant huge burger that you have to unhinge your jaw to get a bite of.  Don't like salads (I know..that's un American) so unless I wanted a steak (no, not for lunch) or a gigantor burger or salad..it was chicken fingers.  When I got home, I went to their website and whoa nelly!  BUNCHA calories.

So glad that we had snow showers yesterday.  PRETTY.  We enjoyed being out in them. But I have a bunch of things to get accomplished this morning and I am in the process of getting ready to go out.  It's up to 26 degrees now.  Scraping will be in order. ;-)

Happy that Kea tried the recipe I put in the blog several days ago and she also put it in her blog. I swear, it's one of the better tasting foods I have ever made.  The youngest is coming to dinner Wednesday so I get to smell that heavenly smell again and best of all, have some more.  All of the mentioned spices are dried.  Just take them out of the bottles.

The Admiral had a rough couple of days and she has already posted today.  So I need to get over there and assist her in  visiting her friends.

14 comments:

  1. Makes almost afraid to eat out doesn't it. You can only afford to eat one meal a day like that.

    We got snow too and really cold. It's always so pretty but that wears off quickly for me, lol.

    Oh the poor Admiral. I hope things aren't too bad. Give her a hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's where my snow went? LOL I didn't even see a spitting. I'll go now and check on the Admiral. I enjoy R T too, wonderful steaks. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1770 calories is a day's total intake. Gees....Good thing I don't eat out much. Usually only when my dad visits once a year, because eating out isn't in my budget. But by the same token I hate cooking, so often will stop by the grocery store deli. Don't want to do a calorie count on what I eat -- I'm already packing 30 extra pounds. Without the motivation to actually -- shudder! -- work out!

    BTW, I'll be making that chicken recipe again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A days worth of calories at one meal is a bit much. :-) Sounds good, though.
    I'm headed back to the chicken recipe to copy it off. Will have to use our small home grown white potatoes...should still taste yummy with those spices.
    We had a few snow showers yesterday. Then today it's actually turning the ground white. Sure is pretty to watch since I can stay inside by the stove.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm just glad to get over here and see what's going on! My weekends are shot starting usually in the afternoons on Friday and going through Monday...this is how it will be until after Christmas but I'll do my best to keep up. Hidden surprises with mega calories certainly isn't fun is it? Since money has been tighter we eat out much less then we used to and now prepare our own meals...I don't know how healthy they are but there's no calorie list for that to make me feel bad later either! Sorry to here about Her Majesty. I hope she gets to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEK!! That is a lot of calories! I am not much on fries either; I would rather have a baked potato. I am not counting calories until after Christmas and then I think I should.
    I hope by now that Miss Catt has forgiven you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know it is bad, but I love foods with high calories and a lot of grease. They just taste so good!
    Thank you for visiting my blog :-) It is very nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just goes to show you never know what you are getting unless you investigate it better. I don't eat out much, guess that's a good thing..lol : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa Nelly is right! That is a whopping bunch of calories for chicken and fries & slaw. It's a shame that the food that tastes so darn good is packed with calories.

    Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers for William. I truly appreciate them...truly.

    Love & Hugs
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. I try to eat only breast of chicken then I no need worried about the calories contents :-) especially on the Xmas season times.
    From today started Xmas party util new years day to finish off it is a many days to celebrated...
    but this is a big part of ourlives.

    I used to eat a lots of fries foods that I could eat sea food plater with mayonnnaise base sause
    plus the Blue berry cheese cake and you should seen my face it was just likes the full moon LOL!

    You have nice day,
    xxoox
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not only are all of those meals loaded with calories they are also loaded with sodium. I save these kind of meals to every once in a while. There's nothing I like better than a big juicy cheese burger.
    I'm glad the kitty is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. dang who would have thought that many calories, but i bet it was good !!!

    ReplyDelete