Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It really happens!

That book entitled Jelly Side Down..Erma Bombeck I think it was who authored it, is really true as we each of us know. You would think that with the law of averages the worst possible outcome wouldn't always seem to happen but the jelly side down rule supersedes the law of averages.

Yesterday, I reached for a tube of lipstick in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom and voila! straight to the commode..hitting the seat first to knock the lid case off of it and from there, into the water..and smearing red on the porcelain for good measure. Fish it out, toss it to the trash and of course, it bounces off the rim and hits the tile instead and makes additional red smears.

Position the cat's steps just slightly off from where they usually are at the desk..just a mistake of perhaps two inches..voila! separate your baby toe from the rest of your toes. Not once but every time you pass it no matter how careful you think you are. Finally move it. Now it's only in the way but your bare feet are safe.

Pick up your Tylenol for one of those, and the bottle slips through your boneless seeming fingers to scatter half a million tablets onto the floor where you scramble to get them up before your pet ingests one.

Drop a glass of milk. It paints the ceiling, the floor, you, the cabinets, the walls, the appliances with not one square inch left unscathed. Amazing phenom. If it's a half gallon, you may as well close the doors of the house and move.

I have more examples but you so too so I will leave you in peace with the thought that no good deed goes unpunished. That's a whole 'nother blog though, ain't it?

16 comments:

  1. Hahaha everything so true :D
    I was lucky yesterday when I knocked over water & it did not go over my important papers-whew!
    But I did find a pill on the floor after 'successfully' pilling and rewarding my cat :P
    Ugh, lipstick is impossible to get out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm clumsy and so bad on dropping things, especially when my nails are too long for grasping.I try to keep them short now. I also keep the top down on the commode. I'd sure hate for my toothbrush to flip that way...strange things happen as mentioned here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like Murphy's Laws to me. we had a calendar with various laws from good old Murphy...it was supposed to be funny but I found it to be a little to creepy in its accuracy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Find the exit door and send Murphy packing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear and it wasn't even a Monday or a Friday the 13th. Hope that's the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made me chuckle with that -- which I needed to do. But sorry you went through all those mishaps! Yep, some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you. So to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope not all of these things happened to you today and came from the pages of the book. I really enjoy reading her stuff. She was a classy lady who could really make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a peaceful day with Miss Cats!
    xoxox
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY!!!
    That was a tough day.
    I am waiting for being eaten up by the treadmill monster, I just know one day I'm going to fall.

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  10. As the old song says, "If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, good day, MRS MURPHY! This is your sister speaking. So glad we both live the life that keeps on giving :D
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how interesting! I may try to find the book and read it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the great belly laugh... I needed it!!!! I pill thing happens when I am rushing to get out of the door for a meeting or class.

    I dropped not one but two half a bottle of home made black berry jam.... greeehhh what a waste... six months apart. Both time, glass shatters, and is like the milk, goes everywhere, but the sticky gooey mess takes a half a roll of paper towels to get off the floor without getting cut... then washing the floor a couple of times to get the last stickiness off...

    Cheers... Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello there Ms Tennessee Klutz!!!!
    Kind of thinking along the lines of Kea....
    " Somedays, You're the Pidgeon....and some days you're the statue"!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im sure laughing at this one. Loved it Carole. Just loved this blog. Way to go
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow that was some day. At least I hope it was just one.

    ReplyDelete