Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday means Marina

I went to the Marina this morning and was thoroughly cussed by the geese who honked and snorted, hissed and chased me BUT I got one picture of that gimlet eye! And I went to the unprotesting ducks who continued napping in the morning sun..wings were sometimes spread out to warm in the blissful sunlight.

One of my colleagues passed away Saturday. I will miss him terribly. Here are the last words I heard him say, and these were 4 years ago! "We're good lookin' ol' broads, ain't we?" meaning he and I. I still smile when I remember. He took ill with lung cancer very soon after that not six months, and had surgery for the one lung to be removed and then, he developed cancer in he other one. I am glad I quit smoking some time ago though, so that I don't deliberately make more trouble for myself going forward.

But today is full of sun and the joy of life as we choose to make it. And tonight, I will go see Calvin one last time and remember all of the laughter, the fun, repartee, serious nerve wracking work assignments and shooting on his target once during weapons qualifications. That of course was punished by BOTH of us having to do it alllll again holding up everyone else. :-)

Here is that hard hearted mean goose. Biggify it and you will see beautiful blue eyes and serrations serving as TEETH that he LONGED to bite me with, the sorry thing!

15 comments:

  1. Dear Twin,
    I am so sorry for the loss of your friend Calvin. You will remember the good times you had together always. God is taking care of him now and the pain is gone.
    Awesome photo today, biggified, magnificent.
    Love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. The older I get the less I take for granted .... waking up each day is a blessing.
    I am sorry to hear the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That you and Calvin had such a great friendship is one of the best of memories. I know you'll treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My condolences on the passing of your friend.

    As for geese....the only thing they are any good for is to watch them "crashland on ice"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geese can be contangarious. Sorry about your friends passing.

    its freezing here -18/20.
    Have a great day.

    oooh, i just realized that your cat on here eyes and belly moves....wicked cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I was sorry to hear about the loss of Calvin, Carole. I don't even know what else to say because I've lost 4 this past year and it was only yesterday when we all thought we were immortal. Time is flying and I wish it would slow down. At least Calvin was lucky enough to have known you and now to be missed by you. That's a feather in his soul-cap.
    Now that goose -- As many geese as I have been around, I never knew they actually had teeth until I saw this picture, WOW. Drat, I was so taken with the teeth I forgot to look at the eye. I'll do that before I go.
    Didn't want you thinking I was ignoring anything, just haven't been around. Lee needs more help now since there's not hospital help doing it. She's feeling better day by day but has a long healing time left. I haven't even put an update on my "human" blog, but I did on the cat blog. Too tired for anything else right now. I promise I'll catch up when I can. Till then, XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo, beautiful blue eye. I think I'll name him Aflac :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.
    Geese can be a nasty lot. I've been chased by geese before. It's very embarrasing to get goosed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another ((HUG)) for you.
    My best friends have been the ones I have shot with.
    Beautiful blue eye that goose has!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for the loss of your friend. I'm glad you quit too smoking too. Geese are fun to observe, but I wouldn't want one to be mad at me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry Sis.. I haven't been able to visit many and see how you are all doing. Sorry also to hear of the loss of your friend. Miss you
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw the pretty blue eye and the sharp teeth, which I knew nothing about.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear about the loss of Calvin Sis,
    Well that is ourlives but you have had a lots of memories of him just kept in corner of your heart.
    I never noticed before that Geese has a beautiful blue eyes but ugly teeth....
    No Miss Cats news it must be fine:-)
    xoxox
    Sis,

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't know that goose had teeth either, you learn something new every day don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend...glad you have all the wonderful memories.
    That goose picture is something...he doesn't look too happy to have you invading his space.

    ReplyDelete