Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursday

Cold as can be, as always and no end till Spring of course, in sight. Single digits last night and not a lot better right now.

Laughed at Dave's (Horace Manure) comment in yesterday's blog.  Ain't it the truth.  If it happened, no matter  where or by what circumstances, of course,...blame Bush.

Meanwhile, I am certainly dressed as I was awakened rather early, and ready to go out and charm whomever I can find. That the way I roll.  I'm also wearing Burberry Brit as a fragrance this morning instead of my usual Chanel Mademoiselle.  I love fragrances.

I'm going to be like my Twin, Beth.  I think I will try hard not to complain with the blazing heat of Summer if it means less gloom and darkness and cold. I'm like the cat.  I like sun puddles too!

There's a dearth of picture taking going on here because I am too much of a sissy to go stand in the freezing cold without gloves ( need finger tips w/o gloves to do the settings and shutter) to get some birdies and so on.  I'll be so desperate for signs of spring I'm likely to showcase just emerging from the ground, bulbs  and stuff like that.  The first tiny leaf bud will be a big find for me!

Hope it's a great day for all of you.  Loach, if you read this, how is Emma?

14 comments:

  1. very cold here, too...thinking spring...but what I really want is some sunshine...I know it's up there...or is it?....

    ReplyDelete
  2. emma sadly is steadfastly not eating and hiding under the bed, so she is headed for another trip to the vet today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purrs to Emma from us!

    BTW, the first tiny buds or blades of grass are always BIG NEWS for me! Out comes my camera for silly snapshots. If they were "photos," that might be different. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first 90 degree day that we have I will turn on the AC and proclaim at the top of my lungs how much I love 90 degree days. LOL!!
    I am so longing for just a tiny bit of Spring, so get your camera ready to take a pic for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm solar powered too Carole. I've been relishing my shots from Africa since I can almost feel the warmth radiating off the pictures...almost. I figure it will be different once I run out of those picture then I'll have to do something about it because I don't like to post without a picture or ten. We will be going to Ireland in April by God's grace...I don't expect that to be very warm but hopefully warmer than it is here and now...for sure it will provide some picture taking opportunities! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It snowed quite a bit here the past few days but it was powder and the wind blew a lot of it somewhere else so it's not too bad and we're supposed to hit the 40s this weekend! Then it's back in the deep freeze again. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope things get warmer soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course there's always another way to beat the blues....maybe a half a big mac. See what you did? I can't get the darn thing off my mind and here I am at home today ONLY because I twisted my ankle. Yep, that means no trudging/driving to get that mac. Lucky in the long run, huh.
    Time to limp downstairs and forage in the fridge.
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the coldest winter I remember in several years. Spring will sprouting before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One good thing about winter, it does eventually give way to spring. Spring is my favorite time of year, although, living here in KY, I've learned to really enjoy fall.
    I see Jenny is still talking about a big mac. :-) Quarter pounder for me while we're at it. What I'd really like is a Whata Burger...always have to have 1 when we head south. Really think they're cousins to whoppers. Enough of this, it's time for bed.
    Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your side get warm weather that make everybody happir?
    I don't have a good tonight one of my favorite
    Tennis players has lost her game...well next time:-)
    Good night,2400.
    xoxox
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I meant I don't have a good mood tonight.
    xoxox
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cand hardly wait for warm weather. The first weekend they give us with 70 or better we're having a cookout.

    ReplyDelete