Thursday, February 17, 2011

Antique Thursday

Well, my good friend came by and swooped me up long about 1000 today and we headed off (I brought Victoria) to another town where she has spied a new-to-her antique store. Oh man, they had loads of stuff and some of it really was old. There was an old pump organ that looked rough, circa 1800 that still plays, for about $700.00 and there was a Wurlitzer jukebox too, for almost $900.00. It even had the music "menu" in there. It was great fun reading the names of the songs that had been available back then. It's on Flickr if you want to see it. Click the Flickr gadget over on the right side of my blog where you see the Gadget named Flickr Photostream :-) and it will take you to my photostream.

Meanwhile, I am disappointed in that I am 3000 steps lower on my pedometer than usual at this time of day. That was because I got no time on the treadmill due to getting ready for the "expedition" and..the Admiral aka Miss Catt felt super great and at 7:30 she started our true full out run (me behind her) up and down the hallway and after three of those, we sharpened our claws on the sisal scratching post ( well SHE did..I passed) and ran down the hall again. She wrote about it in her blog. All of her activities took an hour and a half, I am not kidding. SO..no treadmill. And I have been reading all of the three papers so I passed on treadmilling this afternoon. (excuses excuses)

See ya at your place if you update and I can find ya.

7 comments:

  1. The photo of the jukebox is awesome. Oh what memories, hanging out with the kids at the Student Prince when I would have an hour off from work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I could see the second picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember the days of selecting a song in the jukebox. It seems like another lifetime ago.
    Sounds like you had a fun outing. My daughter-in-law and I went 'treasure' hunting yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to a antique store in years! I love the ones full of 'junk' like a treasure hunt.I will have to find one this year,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, my blogs haven't been updated for weeks. Figure time to close one down.

    I love old pump organs, used to have old that had been outfitted with an motor of some time. We thought it was a vacuum cleaner type thing to blow air around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Carole, I think I'm really glad that nothing is keeping track of the steps I've taken or not over the long trip we've had...ugh! Today is a beautiful day, we meet with the pastor soon after our friend joins us from Canada...never a dull moment. My daughter is modeling bride's maid dresses at our mall today...I can't believe I had to miss that. It's been great to take to Love and the kids though. Blessings to you, I've thought of you, keep holding down the fort!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't get to go to antique (an-tee-q's as Darla says it, lol) places very often. Not one of hubby's favorite things to do, but really enjoy it when I do get the chance. I thought it was a great picture even with the limited space to shoot. I think Miss Catt gave you enough of a workout.

    ReplyDelete