Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday, Gray and Mondayish

I have done my duty via the treadmill and weights and finally finished the paper and have my face on..time to roll here shortly.

I have been around to see whomever I can find that has updated.   I go by the dashboard. Never did get the hang of the Reader.  No one will ever accuse me of being technically savvy!  No one.

I have all of my forms in for taxes but I will have to go thru that horrible vertical file on the desk top..just plastic "fingers" that stick up... to find something additional that the IRS sent that made zip sense to me. If it does to the CPA then I'm ahead.  I will whip, flagellate and force myself to go thru that horrible morass again today.  I have to do this every quarter year or so. It's (the file) like a Hydra head rared up ready to snap at me.

So..off to parts unknown but before I go,  there was a knock on the door half an hour ago.  I answered as the man was walking away.  He asked who owned a red car across the street.  I looked and said I guessed it was the property of the person's yard in which the car resided!  Then, he said he's knocked and knocked and no one answered.  I said, maybe they aren't there or maybe they don't answer to strangers.  He left.  WHY knock on MY door and ask me that???  Was he someone wanting to burglarize?  He didn't look the part as his car was late model and he was a yuppy-ish looking guy.  I don't answer personal questions about me or my neighbors though. If it's that important, come back when they're home I guess.

13 comments:

  1. Got my tax stuff together, but not in the mood to do it yet.My tax man is in North AL, a good drive.
    Thieves come in nice suits, etc too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taxes, ugh. I wouldn't trust a stranger either let alone answer the door if I'm alone. Wait maybe slip a note under the door or hollar What? LOL! I need another cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been over a week since I saw the tax accountant. Nothing done yet. There is a huge backlog because of the new tax table is what I was told.
    I don't open the door to someone I don't know. I just raise the screen on the storm door a tiny bit so that I can hear what they want.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a weird experience with the "knocker". Maybe he was on the up-and-up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Sis,It was nice to know you are useing the tredmil more these days:-)
    I don't open the door to anybody just waited to heard voice from interphone first and even the phone calles wait for answers machine if I want to talk or not...
    xoxox Sis,Miyuki,Miss Catt,Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness I miss the routines of home...but from what I've heard the weather there is even worse there than here...hard to believe that when I stood on the shore of lake Michigan feeling the brutal breeze and light snow. I just want some spring and a nice walk with my wife in a nice safe neighborhood. I will be doing my isometeric exercises and missing my family another day I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strange as it may be. I never go to the door and answer it if I do not know the person at the door. Too many bad things happen these days.

    OH I LOVE my READER. It is just wonderful now that I know how it works. I wish I knew more about blog design, but I think I'm gonna start and try and educate myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the knocker doesn't come back!! Probably had a little run in with the car maybe.. who knows.. take care SIS maybe if we wish hard enough Mother Nature will hear us and BRING SPRING!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stopping by to say hello,and see how you and the Admiral are doing. Sounds like you both are just fine. :)
    Ugh... taxes! We always send ours in near the deadline. With being a small business person I have to send in my Canada Pension contribution for the year.

    I always try to remember to use my peek hole in the door before I open it, especially is Jesse tears up a fuss. I can tell if it is family by the way he responds.One can never be too careful these days.
    Take care Carole and have a good week.
    xx's Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. When we lived in town I rarely answered the door. Just wasn't comfortable doing it. Yet I'd get out and walk all over the neighborhood with no concern. Must admit it does seem strange him asking about the car. Perhaps you'll find out eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ugh, I hated things like that- I never answered the door when I was in a house, just spied on people. One time I opened the window & put the cordless phone out for someone to use haha!
    hey, you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with you on not answering questions about the neighbors or anyone either at the door or on the phone. I tell them just like they can't answer my questions as to why they want to know due to privacy laws the same goes with me. Besides, lol, most of them are related. They'll be after me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh! Taxes. A person knocking on your door is very uncommon these days. Most of this stuff is done on the phone. One way or another they are basically after your money.

    ReplyDelete