Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday

Beautiful day.  So I quit stalling and pulled on my knee pads and slapped on a hat, gloves picked up my claw shaped instrument for digging and uprooting and went to the upper oval flower bed and duck walked around till I got it all done.  Worlds absolutely LONGEST sentence EVER!!!!!Despite my gloves (cloth) I collected dirt under my fingernails so though I washed my patty's I will still have to use the nail brush when I get done here.

I applied Preen up there too.  I must say..it's expensive BUT it appears that it works.  Advertising works and if I had not seen the one with the woman pulling weeds in what looks like a town's small flower bed and the voice over said, "Can't stop weeding?"  Caught my attention.  I never knew what that product was until then.  I thought it was a fertilizer.  But expensive!!

I'm back in (of course) had to change clothes as I was pretty dirty and you know what..mosquitoes were on me and bit.  I didn't think it was time yet.  My mistake.  I even bought new insect repellent today!

One of my colleagues at work passed away from cancer and tomorrow evening I will be attending the receiving of friends and the funeral.  I'll go with a woman friend. She knows where the funeral home is and I don't.

Has anyone noticed nasty things on Face Book?  There was a nasty message in the form of a question on my profile day before yesterday (I don't constantly go, so I didn't see it when it was put up) asking a sexually oriented question- purportedly by a work friend of mine.  I sent him a message asking if he really felt that way after I deleted it.  He said that he and three others (also colleagues) have also been victimized. So, look out.  HAS to be a so-called friend as no one else can write on your wall.

So, dat's da noos.

13 comments:

  1. It turned out to be a pretty decent day here too with a little bit of sunshine. It has warmed up to 59 degrees.
    I need to go check out what's happening on facebook and twitter. I just can't work up the want to. lol
    I am sorry about your friend's passing. Cancer is the worst way to go.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful day here too. Haven't had any of those comments on fb yet. Hope I never do. It can be fun but you really have to be on your toes there.

    So sorry about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so Sorry about your Friend... :(

    Here is an idea, I found it works for me, use about 2 to 3" inches of mulch in your beds. I have very few weeds, when it breaks down it's good for the soil, and it's cheaper in the long run, app.$3. a bag. You just may need help jack assing the bags.... :) It will smother most of the weeds :) You just have to turn the beds once in awhile. Just sayin.....:)
    Have a Great weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. It got pretty cool and windy here today so my biggest adventure was walking in it...sigh...yeah, I'm tired of that. We get serious about our preparation for our trip as of next week...good thing too...only about two weeks left and then off the grid. It feels like a weighty trip but I'm glad we're going. Sorry about the deal on FB...I don't know why people dream up such things to loose on other people do you? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been using mulch with weed killer that does a good job of controlling weeds all summer long. It's usually fairly inexpensive (we get ours from Lowe's) and one application is good for 6 months then you just turn it under next spring and apply another coat.

    After a scary night Wednesday with over 26 tornado warnings, at least a half dozen flash flood warnings, tornado touchdowns to our south and east including one town severely damaged and a truck stop literally obliterated yesterday turned out to be very nice and today was too. I took the opportunity to start repairing the picnic table......ended up easier to build a new one. After spending 2 afternoons working on it my back is wrecked but it's almost finished and the satisfaction of a job well done makes it all worthwhile. I'll finish up the carpentry tomorrow then staining and sealing. Pictures to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sis!
    I was doing that you were doing these days.
    Sorry about your friends passing in such a bad sickness.
    Enjoy your weekend,
    xoxox to Dear Sis,Miss cats,Miyuki,Victoria.
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doesn't it feel good to have your flower beds all cleaned up? Now that the rain has slowed down perhaps I'll be able to do mine...worked out there a little bit this afternoon. My 7 year old grandson plans to help me the first of the week...he enjoys working with plants.
    As far as FB...a lot of things have been going around lately. Makes me wish the perpetrators would get a life.
    Sorry about your work colleague. Cancer is such a horrid disease!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy you got outside and got some work done. How very nasty of someone to post nasty things on face book pages. I'd complain, if you can find someone on Face book to complain to. They should have their account suspendec, if you can ever find out hwo did it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only wish that I had a green thumb such as you. The only time that I have a green thumb is when I grab a marker and color it myself! Otherwise, I love flower gardens... love to catch a glimpse of them or walk through them... I just can't grow one. :(
    Sounds like you have had quite the productive day! You need a reward (((hugs)))) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about the passing of your co-worker. My sincere thoughts and prayers go out to those left behind... my sincerest condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's no better time than the present to stop by and wish you a wonderful weekend. Make the most of it, Monday comes fast.
    For You ---> http://i55.tinypic.com/m7q4if.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry to hear about your coworkers. I would like to express my condolences to the family.

    Mosquitoes love me so much that repellent never works on me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carole you have been so busy. Today its nice here once again and getting nicer everyday. Spring is here . Yippie. Some of my friends have worked up flower beds . I dont . Not yet but soon enough.
    Thank goodness for nature ,growth and cameras.
    Sorry about FB. .So are you staying there or what. I wont have much time in the summer.
    Much Love

    ReplyDelete