Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday Stuffs

I decided to put my favorite of this Spring's pictures I have taken as my header this time. If anyone noticed, that Wirty Pl. is referring to another furred one in my past. Her name was Robin but the kids, for reasons known only to them called her Wirty. Go figure.
Looks like a sunny day today. Yesterday was horrifically windy. Cold damp and windy I might add. There was a cold front coming through. I will take the camera with me when I head out to get a few things later.
Someone said it is National Pet Parents Day. There are pet owners and there are pet parents. I used to smile a little when I saw pet parents but as I have become one these past 25 years, I no longer smile at it. Others sometimes don't see why we pet parents love our pets so much that it shows. It's because they love US so much that it shows. Simple as that. I have a cat but the demonstrable love she shows me tells me our love and care of her is appreciated and returned. Who else here will be my nursie when something goes wrong? Who else but her will enfold my wrist in her front paws and lay her head in the palm of my hand to sleep? That's trust. And that's love. Too many examples to write here so I won't. I will close with the thought that it amazes me that people assume cats don't show love. Um..I think those who say that never had one or never treated them right.
xox

13 comments:

  1. By all means I think that you should showcase your photos, they are very nice indeed. Some of us are far from being able to enjoy the benefits that Spring brings, so to be able to view a little piece of your heavan... is a wonderful and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our pets give us such unconditional LOVE!! Now, I only have two hamsters recently adopted for Youngest son and Grandbaby, but they do provide us with plenty of entertainment! Happy Pet Parent Day to all those who tirelessly walk and talk, scoop and poop, dish out kibble and share a cramped bed with four paws (big or small), this day is for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. National Pet Parent's Day. I like that!
    Have a wonderful day!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen a pink dogwood in years. All the dogwoods around here died from a blight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well spoken my friend. Pets are special gifts to us, and show us so much love. God loves us in so many different ways.He has so many pets that we just can't imagine them all. He chose to create many upon this earth, in all kinds of shapes and forms for His enjoyment and ours.
    Love your Spring header, and it is also one of my favorites.
    Have a wonderful day Carole.
    xx's Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh by the way, would you mind telling me where you got your translator for your blog. I need one. Thanks Carole :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are wise to watermark that gorgeous picture.

    Happy Pet Parents' day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kitties are my children and I love them so much. They show so much love to me too. I agree with you, people who say cats don't show love never had a cat or treated them right. I hope those who have never had a cat will give a try because they will discover how wonderful it is to have cats in their life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Love the heart flower. It is stunning.
    I have never hear of National Pet Parents Day.
    Im always learning something new.
    Hope your Girl is doing well. My babies are growing and soon wil have more photos.
    Thanks for stopping and your kind words.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that National Pet Parent Day:-)
    I think when you have a pets best you can do it for them but not everybody does, it is sad if happent in the way.
    The photos shows the day of spring time in calmly water...very peaceful ....
    Enjoy your day with Miss Catts.
    xoxox to Miyuki,Victoria.I better write their name as well especially for Miyuki:-)
    Sis.
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish i had known it was pet parent day yesterday; stayed close to home and didn't get on the puter.

    Some people don't get cats; they also don't get some people. I don't get dogs and other types of people. Makes the world go round, although I feel sorry for the 'don't-get-cat' people.

    Glad to hear She is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our cats sure show love. Snickers is a bit more affectionate than Precious, but they both show us they love us. I enjoy my girls so much! And understand how you feel about your girl. They're not 'just' animals...they're family.

    ReplyDelete