Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Weedy Tuesday


I went out there with new knee pads (they are the best ones I have ever bought!!) a bin and the Claw as I call it to help me dig efficiently, and my trusty gloves and scissors. I didn't intend to do all the way across the house but I did. It's not as good as it should be and if I am a good girl, I will go again and get the roots up that I left. There is some sort of noxious weeds out there that I have never seen before. It has taken over a good deal of the beds. Long rangy and thin. Multiple seed heads..I will find some and take a picture of it. I would love to know what it is. My face is red enough and I sweat enough in the face etc that I don't feel I have to get on the treadmill. I will do that tomorrow and just the weights today. I washed well when I came back in. I forgot the insect repellent. It's not bad out there but the last thing I need is another tick bite. Here is a picture of that horrible weed. Tiny leaves half an inch long maybe..flowers don't seem to open. Anyone know what it is? I lays in long long yards of stems all matted up on the ground. UGH.

It's after 10 and I don't have my face on. Glad I have a nice complexion (if I say so myself) so that if I do go out or someone comes to the door, I don't have to worry much. Just my blonde eyebrows and lashes need darkening with makeup to see. :-) Guess I will get ready for the day.

I hope your day is good..and I have been around already to some of you. ☀

11 comments:

  1. I forget, in my longing to live out the city, that the insect population is MUCH higher once you're away from concrete. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is thunderstorming here this morning and rained all night long.
    I think I know the weed you are talking about. I remember something similar spreading in my flower beds at home. Take notice if it has little tiny white flowers on it.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's raining here, and they say maybe snow tonight and tomorrow. Hope their wrong.

    Oh, by the way, Jack would definitely let you give him a big hug. Whereever we go some woman is hugging him, lol, and he likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget your Lavender Oil, for your clothes, avoiding skin. I don't know if ticks like it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I let the snow and 36 degree weather do my gardening today...sigh. I think it's time for you to start throwing rocks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't recognize that weed. Ugh. Weeds are horrible! The same amount of sun makes them grow several times faster and better than regular plants. It's true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Header, Gorgeous!;~)
    Ugh, Weeds! but for me as long as it ain't P.I.!! Nothing but rain around here, every time you turn around, can't get much done, today I got so fed up with all the rain, I went out and gardened anyway!.....lol
    Hugs to you and The Boss ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well it seems everybody the same raining all day in here and the golf course were closed again because still under repairing some holes were unplayable, there I ate wrong foods with my friends without playing a golf there I can't moved Sis:-)I shouldn't go to the club I was sorry myself and not eat dinner tonight..
    I just wanted scream to says bxxxxy rains.
    Today is Wednesday in here it is THE RANT DAY:-)

    This was a back to many years ago you know what is like in here when we don't have rain for long times there some Aboriginal people had dancing for welcome rain then never come rain ha ha ha

    I had a GOOD look at horrible weeds, I don't know about that maybe only grown in Tennessee:-)
    Sorry Sis!
    Hope you have a good night sleep without pain?

    xoxox Sis,Miyuki, Miss cats, Victoria.
    Sis
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I may have seen that weed somewhere...or something similar. But I have no idea what they are called. Hopefully someone will recognize.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Weeds are a ways off for now..too cold here but then I dont care as I am moving and I sold the rakes and the hoes and the mower. Maybe a pot with a tomato in it who knows.. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. That weed looks similar to something we have here, but I have no idea what it's called. It is a nuisance. My flower beds need to have the rest of the weeds pulled...need a nice sunny day with no rain.

    ReplyDelete