Friday, April 8, 2011

Whoopee!

I decided against the pedestrian, mundane table I had chosen yesterday while furniture shopping. The more I thought of it the more I knew it wasn't for me in any way but size. I would have made the same mistake I made with the table I presently have whose photo I just posted yesterday for you. I bought that one back several years ago after having seen it and not shopping around. I bought the first one I saw and I almost did that again. Instead I headed to another place today after seeing an ad in the paper and I found the one I have bought and paid for. It is wood, cherry, and has just four padded chairs to go with it. Aside from the cherry wood there are four marble oblong panels inlayed (is that the right spelling?) in the top. I used 2/3's of my tax refund on that. It should be here on Monday and then I'll take a picture. The one I almost got which I would have regretted as badly as I still do the one that is in here now, was plain dark "wood" with a top that looked like oak flooring sorta kinda. It was OK but since I have to look at it all of the time, I knew I would regret it. Too "motel looking" if you know what I mean.

My red dogwood (or as a kitty friend of the Admiral said...catwood) photo in Flickr got the "Explore" honor. I was thrilled. Number 210 out of 500. It's a woman thing I guess. You make and serve a meal..in this case a photo, and give it to your guests (those who are your contacts) and when they like it..it just thrills me. Makes me want to whip up another dessert. ☺

Thank you for the comments on yesterday's white dogwood blossoms that I used as my header for now.

That wooden table you saw with the bowl on top will be outta here Monday. YEA! I gave it to Ecumenical House who will give it to a disaster victim family.

xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on buying a table you really liked! And the new header is lovely. :-)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you on the award. I've become a lot more reclusive these days and don't strive to be noticed as much even with photos...put 'em up, take 'em down and move on but I do understand your feelings on it big time. We have the table passed down from my grandparents at the moment but I have to say if I could get one it would likely be from a place like Pier 1, they've got some really unique stuff. Things like that are important to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally got a post up! And one in the wings for tomorrow and Sunday so I can work on my basement and maybe get it completed! I love dogwoods and would love to cut down the some-kind-of-fake-plum tree in my front yard and put in a dogwood...but that would mean digging up the old tree and well, I'm too cheap to do that.

    Your table sounds lovely and unusual. You will love looking at it every day, I just know it. My dining room table was a wedding present from my mom and it is teak and slate inlayed and I adore it. It barely escaped being damaged in my flood a few years back--I would have been devastated to lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good thig you looked some more re the table Very nice your "old" one will go to such a good cause.

    Your dogwood photos are both wonderful. The red so striking and different, the white, so classic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the award. You have reminded me again to get on over to flickr and check out your latest offerings.
    I can't wait to see the table.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Congratulations 2x over ..... lol
    Can't wait to see your new Dining Set ;~) sounds Really Nice :)
    and would Love to see your Winning Red "Catwood" photo :~)
    You & Miss Bossy (kiss, kiss little Sweetie Puss :)) have a Wonderful Weekend ~
    *Hugs*
    Angel ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see the new table! My Mommeh is just the opposite, she shops and shops and shops for furniture and can't decide on just the right piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always go with your gut because you are the one who will have to live with it day and day out.


    Hope you are doing well. Stay blessed and have a maverlous weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very beautiful. I love the perfume they have in the Spring. We get ours to bloom in late May and June. Lovely Lovely Caorle.
    xoxo Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never ask me about spelling. Not my strong suit though I do have a charcol pinstripe suit.
    Good luck on the table. Do you need luck with a table? Hey it's the best I could do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the award lady. Your pictures all deserve one if you ask me.

    Glad you found the right table. Makes all the difference the room and you feel of satisfaction when it's just what you want.

    ReplyDelete