Friday, May 20, 2011

Hankerin' for Linen

I went out to several of the better department stores simply looking for linen things.  Last year I got a wonderful taupe linen jacket that goes with anything..and two linen tops.  Today I found a white linen skirt.  Gored.  I came home and paired it with several tops..good to go.  I got it    a. on sale (so they said)   b. additional 50% off and c. 20 additional % for using that store's credit card.  I think I'll go dazzle someone.

It's showery and totally overcast again today.  We got yesterday as a break after over a week of this but here it is again.  Better'n snow I keep saying.

Going to go read for a bit.  I have supper ready already and the oldest will be there this evening.  Yes.  :-)

xoxox

Oh and here is an offering from yesterday.  Long eared Coreopsis.

15 comments:

  1. Lands' End and LL Bean have nice linen things...reasonable, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look rumpled in linen...seersucker is better for me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful offering you have posted for us. I love the color yellow.

    Now get all spiffed up Twin and go out there and dazzle some unsuspecting guy.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love linen although silk is my favorite. Have fun in your new finery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lininin too! As Beth said, git out there an bedazel ah man! Go on, git!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful flower! that make me early good morning to me lol!
    Are you going to wear high heels (not too high)shose with the skirt?

    I kept my lower high heels shose in my cars:-)
    I better go back to more sleep...I go to yumcha
    (Chinese food) at city 1100.

    You have a nice day,
    Hi to you, Miyuki, Miss catts, and Victoria.
    xoxox
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel a good after "NO SIGN" that I was boring to signs everytimes:-)
    xoxoxo
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you know why us men like to hold ladies hands when walking through the mall or any store for that matter? That's because it limits her disappearing into the changing rooms with arm fulls of items or reaching for the next thing her eyes catches on the shelf! But hey... it sounds like you had quite the shopping trip and saved yourself some $$$ at the same time. I like that. I can appreciate that. Gotta love sales. :)
    Bright yellow... against the green makes it a brilliant photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your great find! Feel free to come and bargain shop for me. But not linen--I don't iron. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. T.G.I.F. -- Here's hoping that you will make the most of this weekend. And remember, as long as you're happy and smiling, doesn't matter how crazy people think you are.
    ---> http://i55.tinypic.com/314cpbm.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful photo :)
    and good luck on the linen search!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You will just knock their socks off with your dazzle girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you found a nice linen skirt :-)
    What a beautiful picture!! It is a very bright yello color and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one is just beautiful. I love the color of her. She is and I sure you are dressed to perfection. Loved this blog Carole.
    xox

    ReplyDelete