Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Here are the verses, not official, to TAPS which played for many and all of our  brave Soldiers

.

Verse 1:
Day is done,
Gone the sun,
From the lakes,
From the hills,
From the sky,
All is well,
Safely rest,
God is nigh.
Verse 2:
Fading light,
Dims the sight,
And a star,
Gems the sky,
Gleaming bright,
From afar,
Drawing nigh,
Falls the night.
Verse 3:
Thanks and praise,
For our days,
Neath the sun,
Neath the stars,
Neath the sky,
As we go,
This we know,
God is nigh.


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful1 I had never seen all of the words before.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time Frankie hears the first few notes she tears up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to be honest here, I didn't know there were verses to taps or if I did I had forgotten that. They are beautiful though I must say. Thanks for educating me gf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want you to remember that Memorial Day is more than a day off from work where we can hold barbecues and head for the shopping mall to buy stuff that is put on sale. Freedom has been paid for with the blood, sweat and tears of our men and women in uniform. All too many laid down their lives, knowing full well the dangers they accepted in performing their duties. We owe these men and women a debt that we can never fully repay. It has been said that "Freedom is not free!

    ReplyDelete