Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday..cold and drear

This is quite a May,  Furnace on several ties in the day and the night time.  Lows in the 40's.  Highs in the  mid 50's.  Hm.  Good sleeping though.

Miss Catt went thru the mill yesterday mostly in getting her mats removed.  She developed them because she won't let me brush her right now due to sensitive (allergies) skin.  So..the worst happened.  They shaved her chest lightly and got most, but her flanks, they decided to brush and that hurt her badly.  Had I known they were going to do that I would have declined.  Never again.  That was very hard to hear. I didn't have to pay a penny but still..I would pay three times for her not to have been hurt like that.

Meanwhile, it was a busy day yesterday and not so much today.  But I needed a small break after all the events of yesterday.  I cannot believe that June is almost here..half a year GONE and wasn't it just Christmas a few blinks of the eyes ago? Time passes like a rocket sled and leaves us reeling in its wake.

And I still feel 19 years old.  Sometimes I feel in about 32.  How odd to come to the realization all over again after looking in the mirror that no, you're your current age and for that you can be grateful.  I am glad I'm not all gnarly yet though.  :-)

xoxox

9 comments:

  1. Hi Carole, sorry to hear that you and the Admiral had such a miserable experience at the vets. Cats never forget, that is for sure. Neither do dogs... and Jesse soon needs his nails clipped. I have always done them with no problems, but since Jesse tore one of his nails a few months ago when he caught it in the hard crusty snow, and they had to remove the whole thing as it was three quarters off, and turned side ways. Now he doesn't want me any where near cutting his nails. Just the thought of me getting ready to trim a nail, and he yelps so loud it scares me,and I havn't even cut it yet. So you can imagine how scared he is. So I understand how poor miss cat, and you feel also.
    I hope you both had a good day.
    The weather has been about the same here, only we finally got a break from the rain today.

    Carole, thank you so very much for your words of affirmation today. Even though I know it to be true, I still need to hear it from time to time.
    Thank you and God Bless you my friend.
    Love and Hugs
    Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well! it's all over again that I hope a last long time for back to V-E-T.
    It seems we has past Autumn time? AND yet still
    only May in the calender....
    I think ourlives has a lots of the weather's
    "If we have a beautiful day" in the morning that
    make you feel better all days and feel younger too:-)
    Hope you having a good day and poor little Miss Cats (a bit bossy ) need BOTH have a good REST too.

    Hi: Miyuki,Miss Cats,and Victoria.
    xoxoox
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Admiral. I used to get Annie's armpits and upper chest shaved to apply the transdermal meds, to give her ears a break (because they'd get irritated). Poor angel Annie. ::Sigh::

    Anyway, I hope Miss Catt doesn't spend the next week UTB.

    It's cold and dreary here too, since Saturday. We're all hoping for nicer weather for the upcoming long weekend (Victoria Day holiday on Monday here in Canada).

    Yes, the year is flying by...next month will the summer Solstice already, and then we'll start losing daylight again. I'm trying not to think too much about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how much you love the Admiral and when she hurts, you hurt.
    The sun finally came out yesterday. After a low of 32 last night it has warmed up nicely to 64 degrees today.
    I see my mom when I look in the mirror these days. My mom never did get wrinkled or gnarly in her lifetime. I hope I am so fortunate.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart ached when I read that you heard the Admiral scream in pain. Oh golly that's awful. June? Oh my gosh it IS almost June init? Time is going faster than I am. Now for Terry time stopped, all her watches that is ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems you are having the weather we had last spring, this year it is a lot better for us, altough it is very dry here and our province is having a lot of wild fires. Hope it rains here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. {{{hugs}}}
    I know how it feels.
    One time, we sent Lulu to the Vet at midnight as she had an abscess underneath her skin that burst. The vet cleaned her without any anesthetic and she was crying in pain... I was weeping, holding on to her.

    Only to know later that the DOC could have administered anesthetic!!! IDIOT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blessings.....
    This is a rainy may.....
    Poor baby, having suffer with allergies i can empathize.

    You take care and thanks for the visit.
    stay blessed.
    rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Miss Catt. I imagine it would be like hearing your baby scream when they give them a shot. Just breaks your hear.

    ReplyDelete