Thursday, June 9, 2011

as always...GOOD GRIEF!

Garry, thank you. That has to be what it is. I really like it. And I appreciate your telling me what's going on.

I'm good griefing because we had one terrific electrical storm complete with ultra high winds..see my picture of my surrounds a week or so ago..and you'll see why that raises the hair up offa my head when the winds are violent and some nickel sozed hail to go with it.. There was a crack of thunder/lightening that was so close both of us jumped practically out of our skins. There are plenty of trees right here to be struck and it has happend quite a few times. Some years ago, the house had a strike and irt went thru the wiring..blew out my TV and destroyed it. It destroyed my window air conditioner, and it set my wall on fire. Didn't do the wiring any good either. I had just come home from a day shift. Glad I weas there. The kids would have had to deal by themselves otherwise. (no, they weren't tiny..grade school and freshman yr. levels.) So, I don't like storms in this highly susceptible area.

Still headed out in the morning. Now that the phone service has been repaired yet again..for the millionth time since I got it..maybe I will have burglar alarm service. They were good enough to come out..and the person I talked to had to do some searching to find someone available on no notice, because otherwise I would be gone and no alarm service. I did appreciate that. I only wish the problem could finally be resolved.

IF I retain service (my internet was down too) I will try and come and see you.

13 comments:

  1. I am glad your phone is fixed. Have a safe trip tomorrow.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. life without problems.... what would that be like...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the storm didn't hit hour house this time. YIKES how scary that would be. I assume you have surge protector on your computer. Although it lightening strikes, that maybe wouldn't help anyway. Have a fun trip and a safe one. See you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The storms here are pretty awful too but thank goodness we have not experienced anything as bad as you have. Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Storms have their exciting moments don't they? I remember years ago a neighbor of ours had a lightning strike on their chimney and it blew bricks clear across the street! Have a safe trip coming and going Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last time I was in that kind of weather was in 1987, we had a tornado go through Edmonton. It was not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The storms was in here that from your internet close down NO Email again.
    Please drive carefully Sis!
    I will keeping eyes on Miss cats:-)
    xoxox
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not fond of storms either, but then you saw my blog and no I'm not real happy right now. I think we've all had enough bad weather and it's time for it to settle down and let us enjoy the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always thought lightning storms were kind of fun, but I don't think I'd want to have one like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! I'm so glad you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you had a very bad storm. The strike you had some years ago sounds very scary. Glad you were okay.
    Be safe and have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Hello there Charlie Brown...Get it? Charlie Brown says - GOOD GRIEF! Bwahahaha! I made a funny! :)
    Scary. Electrical storms are nothing to play with. Mother Nature doesn't give a darn whom she touches. Not nice of her.

    ReplyDelete