Sunday, June 5, 2011

For those who wondered

The variety of tomato is called Early Girl.  And I will say she is.  If you biggafy the pictures in the last blog you'll see there are a squillion small tomatoes on it.  I do container grown by the way. To Mrs Gaelic, that's my 'secret'.  Out there on and in the ground..deer, dogs, cats, people, more insects bother the tomatoes.  I would rather just grow veggies in the relative peace of the deck in a huge container.  I have a green pepper growing too.  next year there will be onions and possible potatoes.  There is some blight or something at the "joints" of the green pepper branches..black something or other.  I bought fungicide and hoping for the best.  Sure helps my roses which I happened to have sprayed with fungicide  as well.

Boilng hot as usual.  We have broken records for both heat AND cold in the month of May.  Roller coaster weather.

I'm company ready.  Cleaned house and it's looking squeaky clean..come on over.  I have lemonade.  Here, sit on the couch.  I'll make some muffins.

11 comments:

  1. The tomato plant is awesome Twin and I am beyond being jealous!! Early girl are one of the earliest producing plants. We would always plant a couple of them.
    I am squinting looking at the screen here. this is the first time I can remember having something settle in my eyes too..
    Your living room looks gorgeous. Be there as soon as I can.
    xoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana Oatmeal? Those are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we had real sun in our other house, we would grow tomatoes and the goal was to eat the first Early Girl by July 15th. I bet you eat your firs one way earlier than that in Tennessee. Especially with the heat.

    Simba's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take my shoes of and head for that comfy looking couch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could use some help cleaning for Dad's visit! ;-)

    -The Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. blessings....
    fantastic, you by growing your own vegetables you have cut down on your expenses, very smart. I like that end result of gardening however the work and encountering all those insects etc, yuck not interested. I do admire your tenacity.

    Have a fabulous week
    rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muffins, did someone say muffins. Any kind, please and thank you. Nice and warm here today but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll try to resist putting my feet up on the table.....redneck, ya know? Frankie grown peppers and such in big old pots on the patio for the same reasons. People, especially law enforcement types, give me the strangest looks when I mention my wife's pot farm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mario's mom here - we used to plant Early Girl in our garden way back when we had a garden. Now we have Farmers Markts all over town almost any day of the week. I let the farmers do the work. Our back yard is too shady to go much of anything except shade-tolerant plants. Are you thinking of "Black Spot Disease"?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a very inviting room you've got there...too bad it would be winter by the time I head over there to enjoy some lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Muffins sound good. And the couch looks inviting. :)

    ReplyDelete