Friday, August 26, 2011

Concerned

I am deeply concerned for those in the path of the hurricane.  Both humans and animals.  Pets are always a concern but the poor animals out in the open who have no choices at all in the matter...large and small animals, it is also a concern to my heart.

Things are beautiful here as they have been for several weeks.  We could really use some rain however.  That won't be any time soon.  The grass is brown and shriveled but that's how it has to be as the town charges us gazillions for water and even more for sewer. So I, and many others don't water unless we just must.

News will start here in about four minutes so I'll head on in there to see what they say about the path of the hurricane..whether or not it has deviated.

Please lets all hear from one another with posts if power is available and if possible..those of you in the pathway.  xoxoxo

10 comments:

  1. Yes, those poor animals out in the wild. I suspect a lot of them die, unfortunately. We have a considerable number of deer in our area. I can't imagine being deer out in a hurricane, poor things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am worried about the ones (human and animal) in the path of the hurricane. I join you in prayer for them Twin.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm worried about my dad right across the street from the beach and the home hadnt even tested the generator,no evac plan for all the elderly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am concerned. I thought of your son too. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard too much about what this will do...lots of dire predictions though. I pray that it turns out to be a lot of stir over nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel so in another world on this side of the continet. It's hard to imagine what will be coming. Well not that hard I was in a few hurricans when I lived in Louisiana when I was a child. Once took our sceened in back porch right off our house. It was scattered all over the neighbor hood. I remember before the storm us kids would be outside feeling the strong winds and playing like we were Dorthy in the Wizard of Oz. Our window would have tape all over them to keep them from shattering. As a child we thought it was all very exciting. I do feel for all the animals that have no protection. That is nature. She giveth and she taketh. I hope with all the warning everyone is prepared and safe. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Animals and people are always a big concern . It does seem to be losing power according to the Saturday news, hoping so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When natural disasters strike, I worry about the human and animals (both the ones with homes and the homeless) caught in it. I pray everyone stays safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope everyone stays safe...I'm worried especially for animals with no homes....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I was in here this morning that I remember to read about the hurrican.....
    Second thought maybe at Beth's Whew!
    I pray for everybody and an animals too.
    A specially the cats are not good for a wett weather.
    Xoxoxo Sis,Miss Catt,Miyuki, and Victoria.
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete